Distortion on some songs, some sound fine

Participant count
  • Participant list

kiteman

dallas
I have a 2012 Camaro with stock HU but PPI 900.4 (LOC) running 1 10" Kappa in a ported box and Polk db6501 front components. i have the gains turned up around 60% on my amp. i have a collection of mp3's i've gathered over the years (back when napster was legal, i downloaded a bunch). some songs sound really good on the system, and others sound crappy. but the crappiness ranges from sometimes what sounds like muddled vocals on the front speakers, and sometimes just really poor bass response. i've looked at the mp3 details and most of them are 320kbps, but i'm not sure if that means everything. also it seems some songs don't get loud enough. i'm not sure if all of this is a system issue or if it just has to do with the individual mp3 i play. i assume since i downloaded so many mp3s from various sources that it's probably the mp3. but, i didn't notice the muddled vocals or poor bass response when i played the same mp3s on my stock system, but maybe i didn't notice it because it wasn't as powerful/loud.

thanks if you have any input, and also recommendations on how to get the best audio quality from mp3s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.