Dissapointed in birthsheet

does your car sit at 14.4 volts anyway? thats the voltage they do there numbers at.
I understand that in the real world, the difference in numbers wouldn't really even matter. I was just trying to see what other people's opinions were about birthsheet ratings.

Alright so it is not a good idea to try to get more out of them than they are "rated" for. It just seemed pretty funny, as you said, that they wouldnt be even 1 watt off from each other. I am just suspicious that they don't test every single one and just slap out a roughly estimated number
i honestly dont think they would waste their time testing every single one. maybe a smaller company, but i doubt a huge company like kicker would. just buy an amp that is rated for what you need.

I understand that in the real world, the difference in numbers wouldn't really even matter. I was just trying to see what other people's opinions were about birthsheet ratings.
IMO they are made up. i doubt they bench each one either.

i honestly dont think they would waste their time testing every single one. maybe a smaller company, but i doubt a huge company like kicker would. just buy an amp that is rated for what you need.
I have 2 15" BL's so the amps will match them perfectly.... btw, didn't you have BL's?

did you have 2 15's. if so, how many cubes did you have them in and what was it tuned to?
i had 2 18's and so does a buddy of mine.

low end lacks in 5.5 and 6 cube boxes off "2960w" of power. i was at 35hz and a buddy is at 32. neither was super impressive on the low end.

i would go for 4 cubes for each 15. i have very good experience with that box size for most 15's.

Any opinions on RFs birthsheet? im pretty sure there just about dead on
all i know is my punch 150 25 to life was rated at 75w @ 4 ohms, and the birthsheet claims 300w @ 4 ohms. wired to 3 ohms on my bostons with gains set for 300w with a -3db tone, it was louder than my mbquart that was rated 200@4 ohms and 400@2 ohms (so i would assume 300 @ 3 ohms).

i doubt the birthsheet is right though (probably just a random number as well). i think they just built a 300 @ 4 ohms amplifier and decided to rate it at 75w to reap the benefits of nostalgia for an "old school" RF amp.

OMG this is painful to read......guess what birthsheets are a load of bs

it doesnt matter if its kicker or RF...they make them up because they dont matter

you wont hear a difference between 1500 and 1700

you will hear a bigger difference by the box that you run, how well your gains are set and the quality of your electrical system.

most likely if you are running 2 kicker 1500.1s you have an HO alt, the Big 3 and either an upgraded battery or 2 decent ones.

This is the bottom line....

I recently bought 2 kicker 1500.1's and both of the birthsheets read exactly 1530Isin't it ironic for both of the amps to read the same EXACT amount? I was hoping to send ~1700 rms to my subs because I saw most birthsheets were rated around there.

So my final question is.............would it be safe to assume I could get ~1700 rms out of them and set the gains using 1700 rms at 2ohm?
don't worry about the birthsheets, from what i've heard kicker amps put out more than their birthsheets. I've had two different zx1500.1's in my car, one was tested at 1735 rms and the other was tested at 1550 rms. I can not hear an audible difference between amps, actually the one i have in now with the lower power testing seems louder(could just be me though). Remember all the amps are made with the exact same parts, any given day one can be louder than the other. You made a greaat purchase. People get to excited and emotional about birthsheets. Why do you think guys on team kicker use what they get, they don't try to find the ones with the biggest birthsheets

It would cost a stupid amount of money to test every single amplifier that rolled off the assembly line. Birthsheet's are just nicely made copies of some other amp's tested rating. And even then, you're not exactly sure how THEY tested the amp either. So its a no win.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Simek4life

10+ year member
Can You Hear Me Now?
Simek4life
Fort Myers, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date