Disk changer issues

Participant count
  • Participant list
Bear with me, I'm new to all the car audio talk.

I have a mach 1 upgrade in a ford explorer. It has a jbl h/u and such.

My disk changer has decided that no matter what disk I put in there it is a bad disk.

The changer is 7 years old and this may be the cause(old age).

Anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this or should I buy a new changer?

Thanks

Unfortunately its not worth fixing. I had the same problem with my old Kenwood changer. It has something to do with the magazine intake. If I remember correctly I was quoted a little over one hundred dollars to fix it. With changers so cheap and so much better then back then I would just by a new one.

Thanks for the heads up.

Do you know if its alot of trouble to install an after market disk changer into a factor h/u ? Would it be easier just to replace the h/u ? cost effectiveness is an important factor in my replacing the h/u or replacing the disk changer.

Any suggestions on brands or models?

thanks

You would be happy with a nice new head unit and a matching changer...Alpine, Eclpise, Panasonic, Kenwood, check em' out.

Installing an aftermarket changer into a vehicle with a factory head unit is possible. However most changers nowadays come with disc naming a cool gadget like that. SO if you are interested in that stuff then you might want to look into a new HU. The ideas of Kenwood, Alpine and Eclipse are all good. Not too big on Panasonic stuff myself. Sony makes a decent product as well. I say if you got the $$$//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif go with a new HU youll be happy you did and its worth it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Originally posted by Nolesman The ideas of Kenwood, Alpine and Eclipse are all good. Not too big on Panasonic stuff myself. Sony makes a decent product as well.
I'm not exactly sold on Panasonic changers(probably because I've never worked with one) but the head units are nice. The Mobile ES series from Sony is promising //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.