Disable Trunk Opener

Participant count
  • Participant list
I don't know why you would want to do that but it's not hard. Take the plastic panel off of the back of the trunk, find the trunk release solenoid and disconnect the ground wire. If you want to do the one that opens it from the passenger compartment, you may not be able to open it at all once you disconnect the mechanical cable.

Not sure about yours, mine requires the remote to open, backseats can't be removed now(unless you open the trunk, remove the setup, get a diegrinder and and grind off the welds, then there is whats behind the bottom of the rear seat...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I too generally use the factory carpet to make my templates. It's also a good idea to put layer of butyl damping material under the MDF too...
If the amp is already part of the unit, with the amp built in, you would need a power supply, something like this: Or sell that amp amp and...
It will probably change your tuning. I've seen bigger numbers off of much less power from walling at the rear seats, but Terry "trunk king" Brock...
Thanks all for your responses! In regards to the dB meter suggestions, I ended up using my Blue Yeti microphone which supposedly can handle up to...

About this thread

chiaxi2002

10+ year member
chiaxi2002
Wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from