Difference of 5hz; noticeable?

I ran a 2512 in a 30Hz tuned box, trying to force it to play low, it liked to bottom out very easily, and still didn't have any authority in the low 30's. Wouldn't recommend anything above the 1500 series if you want to play under 30Hz.
Thanks for the advice but the 12" version of the 2500 have an fs rating that's 10hz higher than the 15" version (34.99hz for the 15" 2500). I think that may make the deal happen for me. What do you think?

My definition of low is 20-30hz and I can think of many subs more well suited than any of DD's line up. I never said they can't get low and if you have the room for a box to get them REAL low than so be it.
I like the lows found in songs like Demons, Caribou Lou or Midwest Choppers by Tech N9ne. MAAD City by Kendrick. Juice Box by Gorilla Zoe. Blueberry Yum Yum or Put Your Money by Ludacris. King Kong by Jibbs.

Not sure if you're familiar with those songs or not but the subsonic bass in My Chick by Ludacris isn't what I'm looking to nail..

Dude i had 2 3512s tuned to 32 and it.murdered the lows its all in the setup ...my hdc4s have a fs of 41 and im tuned at 32 and its fvcking.killer down low ...dont let anyone tell u a sub wont play well low ..its 90% box amd install...ive gotten seriously low with some.of the most spl drivers out there
That's what I wanted to hear haha!

Lol finaly something we agree on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/applause.gif.bb805d8088f72dbc2fe808c29e85fb4c.gif
There's a first time for everything.

i had them in 5 "cubes...147s @30 is that loud enough and they dug down to 24-25 with good authority ..just like my aqs do except they are louder..yes there are more suited subs for the applocation but op said he was buying dd regardless .
I guess so, too bad he won't budge.

Thanks for the advice but the 12" version of the 2500 have an fs rating that's 10hz higher than the 15" version (34.99 for the 15" 2500). I think that may make the deal happen for me. What do you think?
I was running the 2512A, it had an FS rating of 26Hz, a lot lower than the current series, I don't know what it is about DD's, they just hate lows.

Thanks for the advice but the 12" version of the 2500 have an fs rating that's 10hz higher than the 15" version (34.99 for the 15" 2500). I think that may make the deal happen for me. What do you think?

I like the lows found in songs like Demons, Caribou Lou or Midwest Choppers by Tech N9ne. MAAD City by Kendrick. Juice Box by Gorilla Zoe. Blueberry Yum Yum or Put Your Money by Ludacris. King Kong by Jibbs.

Not sure if you're familiar with those songs or not but the subsonic bass in My Chick by Ludacris isn't what I'm looking to nail..

im talking about booseted.music like decaf and tenacious audio stuff ..watch my videos and see how.my spl drivers get low...u have to have some decent spl orientation to play loud and low with authority

Yeah when you broaden your horizons you learn alot and stumble upon great things , the early bird catches the worm , being price and quality
I was running the 2512A, it had an FS rating of 26Hz, a lot lower than the current series, I don't know what it is about DD's, they just hate lows.
So if not a DD 2500, then what? I'd like to spend NO MORE than $300 on a 15" sub that's around 800-1000w

I guess it doesn't have to be a 15" but I know that more cone = more air = more deebeez.

Wait a minute you can get em for $34.99

And every somg you listed i listen to daily so i know what you mean after hearing lows like that i hate hearing the highs the sub ive heard that just smashes lows more than any single sub sutep in my city is the tc sounds 12 i own i want one of their 15s they use a diff build quailty like no other that enhances bl like none ive heard while still being consistant with sq not sounding like someone taking a ****

I only know a few of those songs but they aren't that low nothing that makes it below 30 from what i know. Blueberry yum yum hits 34 lowest and juicebox is 36. not seriously low

So if not a DD 2500, then what? I'd like to spend NO MORE than $300 on a 15" sub that's around 800-1000wI guess it doesn't have to be a 15" but I know that more cone = more air = more deebeez.
Fi SSD 15" - SSD15 - Fi Car Audio Store

SSA GCON 15" - GCON-15 Sound Solutions Audio 15" 750W GCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

AA Chaos 15" - Chaos 15 Ascendant Audio 15" 800W Chaos Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

Sundown SA-15 - Sundown Audio SA-12 600 watt sub woofer

Incriminator Lethal Injection 15" - Lethal Injection 15 Incriminator Audio 15" 1000W Lethal Injection Series - SSA STORE

AB XFL 15" - New

No particular order.

The list goes on and on, and if you're willing to buy used, it gets even longer. 300$ for a sub on 1K is a lot of money, my 18" ZCON was 380.

Not sure how a guy who loves low bass is a DD nuthugger? I nuthug TC Sounds and would guarantee all day and twice on Sunday that this would be way more up your ally with that amp. TC Sounds LMS-R 15" DVC Subwoofer 293-662
this is my current sub...pulled out the XXX for this a few days ago and just like typical TC it handles low end much better....still doesnt sound as good as the XXX but it is good sounding and a low end goodie

this is my current sub...pulled out the XXX for this a few days ago and just like typical TC it handles low end much better....still doesnt sound as good as the XXX but it is good sounding and a low end goodie
I knew somehow once TC Sounds went in the equation you would come.

I only know a few of those songs but they aren't that low nothing that makes it below 30 from what i know. Blueberry yum yum hits 34 lowest and juicebox is 36. not seriously low
Then your setup dont get low enough , my 12 is at 28 hz i only play a few slowed songs and its cool but listening to the sound how it comes out normal on a cd ripped to my phone and put through aux input my sh1t just sounds ridiculous ears hurting lows, headache loud bass and yes while running the cheapest hifonics line the hfi 1500d as of now since i got it so cheap everyone knows its me coming and thats hard to say for some in a sedan with 1 sub in the trunk

Then your setup dont get low enough , my 12 is at 28 hz i only play a few slowed songs and its cool but listening to the sound how it comes out normal on a cd ripped to my phone and put through aux input my sh1t just sounds ridiculous ears hurting lows, headache loud bass and yes while running the cheapest hifonics line the hfi 1500d as of now since i got it so cheap everyone knows its me coming and thats hard to say for some in a sedan with 1 sub in the trunk
What the FUCK are you talking about? I was stating the peak frequencies in the songs he mentioned my setup has no problem reproducing those..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.