diamond, image dynamics, polk

bborey
10+ year member

FPCustoms
NOLA
just lookin for some reviews. as far as what series this is what im lookin at.

Diamond: d6, d9, hex pro

polk: Mobile Monitor (MM), however the SRs would be amazing but $800 is a bit pricey for me.

ID: not quite sure, but they look nice and have heard a few good comments.

im lookin to push like 100+ rms (dont wanna go less than like 80rms)

search what? im askin for reviews if anyone has an opinion, i got an opinion on the polks but id like to know how the diamond audio and ID speakers relate and what speakers have better pros for what im lookin for. and the only speaker on here that i listed that i know has been talked about is the IDs and thats kinda vague.

I am running the older polk MM set right now. The tweeter is pretty smooth. The midbass seemed to be lacking but as they break in they are coming around and developing a bit more each day. I broke them in with about 60w rms but have since started putting 100w rms to them and they are starting to come alive however at higher listening volumes with this power the tweeter does start to shreek just a bit. I am sure with a little eq work they can sound pretty good but i am running everything flat right now to see how they sound natural. The answer is not bad but as i said before the tweeter starts to shreek just a bit and i feel the mid range becomes a little muddy as the volume goes up. I listen to mostly heavy metal for your musical reference point.

For me these are just temporary speakers to get me buy while i start working on a true build for this vehicle.

Current specs

Alpine 9885

Polk Momo 6.5" components

MB Quart Pab2100

Future build will be like this:

Eclipse 7200 mkll

Zapco reference 200 running a pair of Hybrid audio L4's ( custom kick panels )

Zapco reference 350 running 2 pair of Peerless 6.5" mid bass in each door

I haven't decided on the low end yet but i am leaning this way.

Zapco reference 1000.1 running 1 Image dynamics 12" IDMAXX or

Zapco reference 500m running 2 image Dynamics 10" IDQ's or some other direction i haven't thought of yet!

When i auditioned the diamond stuff i just didn't like how it sounded for my musical taste. I have heard really good things about the Image Dynamics components but i haven't heard any myself but i do feel they are in a different league than the diamond and polk stuff ( what i have anyway) as far as sound quality goes.

Hope that helps a bit!

search what? im askin for reviews if anyone has an opinion, i got an opinion on the polks but id like to know how the diamond audio and ID speakers relate and what speakers have better pros for what im lookin for. and the only speaker on here that i listed that i know has been talked about is the IDs and thats kinda vague.
usually when they talk about the IDs on this forum as far as front stage is concerened it's not vague. there are 3 different lines that iD has you have your ctx line which is their "base" line these are their coaxis and lower comp set. the comp set would be the CTX65cs, there are a few ppl here who run about 150 watts to that set. then we have the CXSV2 line which some would call the "mini XS" line. those can be either coax or seperate mounted. the xover in that set is made to be very versitile. if you can't find a review here i think there's one on diyma and i'm positive there's one on the iD forum. then we come to the XS mids. those are iD's top end. I myself love them i have 2 of the x65 mids in each door. for a review on that give me an email and i'll send you a pdf of the review that pasmag did on them. if you need any info on ID please don't hesitate to ask over at the ID forum

I just got a set of the ID CXS64v2 components so hopefully i'll have them in soon. hopefully they should do pretty good. The last set I had were the koda components which i loved, too bad they're not around anymore.

for the ID CXS64v2 ...

make sure you set the jumpers on the crossovers correctly [manual has two different settings] or it might not sound good

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif great post douche

I would recommend the Polk SR's to you all day if you don't mind getting them from ebay for $400 like someone else has stated. None I mean NONE of the other speakers will stand a chance in that price range. These speakers will blow you away with clarity. But if all you listen to is rap, then get something cheap cause it doesn't matter ne ways.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif great post douche
I would recommend the Polk SR's to you all day if you don't mind getting them from ebay for $400 like someone else has stated. None I mean NONE of the other speakers will stand a chance in that price range. These speakers will blow you away with clarity. But if all you listen to is rap, then get something cheap cause it doesn't matter ne ways.
Hip-Hop and clarity don't mix? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

OP, here's a review of the SRs. HTH:

http://www.caraudio-forum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1436-polk-sr6500-component-speakers/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.