diamond HEX?

HEX's are not all that impressive......but it is kinda lame if you ditch your setup simply because your friend has a more higher end brand of speaks- Dont you like them?

I've read that Hex's lack in the midbass dept, but have excellent highs and clarity. I'm more than sure you'll own in the midbass area.

And your last post was incredibly ghey. Good luck.

I had DA Hex's (6s) in the doors of my last car. The midbass was.... well... it wasn't. My bro works at a machine shop and I had him custom fab me a set of plates to mount in my door out of 3/8" aluminum thinking it was door flex. While I was in the door I put some foam over my sound dampening hoping it might have been a backwave issue. Even with all that I need to have +6db dialed in on my EQ at 150 Hz to get midbass out of them. They were extraordinarily tight in the upper midbass (jaw rattling tight) and smooth as 18 year old C cup breasts on the highs... but I was never able to pull my bass up front with them.

that is my only complaint with my Hex comps. Is that the midbass is not very strong on the lower end. But now that I am adding the XXX6.5 it should be a SQ machine!!!!!!

I absolutely love the crispness and cleanness of the comps though. These XXX should add just what I need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.