DIAMOND D661a VS. MTX TX6001

Actually the D6 series has really good midbass... you might be thinking of the M6 speakers from last year, which did lack midbass. What kind of car are they going in, as the D661 drivers are pretty deep (just a heads up). I've heard the D661a'd side by side against Morel Elates (retail for over twice as much) and I can honestly say that I liked the D6's better. Don't get me wrong though, the morels are great speakers. The D6's play very loud and clean provided you have a nice amp for em. You wouldn't regret the purchase. Where are you getting them from?

I have the MTX's and I love them, speakers are a little harsh sounding to some people but I like them. Midbass is great just make sure they are sealed up well (unfortunately mine aren't at the moment).

Actually the D6 series has really good midbass... you might be thinking of the M6 speakers from last year, which did lack midbass. What kind of car are they going in, as the D661 drivers are pretty deep (just a heads up). I've heard the D661a'd side by side against Morel Elates (retail for over twice as much) and I can honestly say that I liked the D6's better. Don't get me wrong though, the morels are great speakers. The D6's play very loud and clean provided you have a nice amp for em. You wouldn't regret the purchase. Where are you getting them from?
no, i am actually a 100% sure that it is the D6's based on the fact that i have a set. if you have ever heard a good speaker with lots of midbass, you will know what i am talking about then i say they lack midbass.

no, i am actually a 100% sure that it is the D6's based on the fact that i have a set. if you have ever heard a good speaker with lots of midbass, you will know what i am talking about then i say they lack midbass.
For the money I dont feel they lack at all. I am also 100% of this, as theyre in my wifes car and Ive been dealing with/selling DA for 5+ years. May be an issue with your install...

For the money I dont feel they lack at all. I am also 100% of this, as theyre in my wifes car and Ive been dealing with/selling DA for 5+ years. May be an issue with your install...
maybe...........not. they lack so bad compared to every other speaker i have tried in my truck that i actually though something might be out of phase, that is how much they lack. i have been dealing with diamond for a while now and the only thing i cant say anything bad about is the amps. there are better out there but i havent had any problems with the few that i have. that is why as soon as i can afford it i am changing my highs/mids.

Yeah bri I have heard quite a few systems with good midbass. I heard a truck with McIntosh amps and a killer ADS front stage, we've done a couple cars with the kicker MB8's. However, you do have to take into account the budget he's working with, the space availalbe and modifications required before you recommend a speaker. You were quite quick to write off the D6's, but what would you reccoment instead? At 399$ retail (I frequently sell them for less) its hard to find a better sounding speaker then the D6's. Specifically when he is comparing them to MTX speakers. I would never buy MTX or Rockford now that box stores more or less own them. Why didn't you just return your set after you found them to be unsatasfactory? (this would be one advantage to buying from a dealer rather then ebay...)

You were quite quick to write off the D6's, but what would you reccoment instead? At 399$ retail (I frequently sell them for less) its hard to find a better sounding speaker then the D6's. Specifically when he is comparing them to MTX speakers. I would never buy MTX or Rockford now that box stores more or less own them. Why didn't you just return your set after you found them to be unsatasfactory? (this would be one advantage to buying from a dealer rather then ebay...)
ok, smartass. lets stop assuming. i bought the D6's from a dealer, first off. just to try them, they were supposedly an improvment on the M6's, so i figured i would give them a shot. well things went bad with the relationship i had with that particular shop, so it just sort of died off. never had any interest in returning them. as for another reccomendation, i would say the polk momo mm6's, boston SL60's, or the zapco i60's.

as for you being in the car audio business it is quite appearant by your name that you are a diamond freak. dont take it too personal next time i put down a diamond product. it is simply a fact and i want him to have the best possible system that he can.

maybe...........not. they lack so bad compared to every other speaker i have tried in my truck that i actually though something might be out of phase, that is how much they lack. i have been dealing with diamond for a while now and the only thing i cant say anything bad about is the amps. there are better out there but i havent had any problems with the few that i have. that is why as soon as i can afford it i am changing my highs/mids.
You seem to get just a tad bit offended easily and your sarcasm easily shows that. Its simply not needed. My statement of the install wasnt intended as in insult, just a suggestion.

If your Your opinion theyre lacking, then thats fine. Its Your opinion. On the other hand many other opinions beg to differ. I am not by any means biased towards DA, but in the price range the D6 set is pretty decent and does provided a suitable amount of midbass.

You seem to get just a tad bit offended easily and your sarcasm easily shows that. Its simply not needed. My statement of the install wasnt intended as in insult, just a suggestion.
If your Your opinion theyre lacking, then thats fine. Its Your opinion. On the other hand many other opinions beg to differ. I am not by any means biased towards DA, but in the price range the D6 set is pretty decent and does provided a suitable amount of midbass.
sarcasm is also subjective as is sound. some may think i get offended, however i was just sharing my experience with the D6's. i tried may things trying to get more out of them, but just couldnt do it. in that price range there are many other options to a good speaker set, people around here arent open minded enough to look at other things though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.