Diamond Audio: D6 vs D9

Participant count
  • Participant list

M@nJo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area
I'm looking for SQL here. I'm always changing woofers and I only owned 12's and 15's. I always wanted to give 10" woofers a try. I'm deciding between (2) 10" Diamond Audio D9's OR (2) 12/15" Diamond Audio D6. The woofers will be powered by an Hifonics bxi1610d @1ohm (1400-1600wrms). The box will be sealed and at manufacturer recommend cu ft space. I may go bigger than (.85cu ft) if I went with the 10's to give it a bit more loudness (1.0cu ft?). 12's recommend 1.25 and 15's = 2.25. I listen to hip-hop, rap, dance, trance, rock and classical.

i like the sound of a d9 over a d6. i have a d6 10 ported to their specs somewhere and i didnt like it much. it got loud but every d9 i heard (before i got my TC sounds and SI) i loved.

id say bump to a single d9 12 if you can, obviously you have the space, go online if you dont have the money you might be able to afford more

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.