Diamond & CDT Audio Question

plazman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
USA
Could someone tell me whats the difference between the diamond audio hex s600s and CDT 61 cla dimensions wise? Im going with the CDT since the hex is out of my budget.

I tried searching on CDts site, but i dont see anything.

Reason i ask is because, diamond audio s600s fit in my car with little or no modifications at all. Its 6.5

stock in my car is 5.25.

THanks!

yeah, i've owned both...i have a pic around with both next to eachother somewhere. The CDT's a DEEP as fukk...i couldn't roll window all the way down. The Diamonds are WAY WAY shallower...and much better especially in the midbass area. peace

NG

i would just make sure to cross the diamonds and other shallow midbass higher than usual since their excursion can't go as far due to the shallow design. I blew my kicker midbass cause of that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

So i guess im gonna have to go with the 5.25

So what do you guys recommend for under 150 bucks? I really wanted the CDTs because i only heard good things about them and the killer price right now at thezeb.com

Shallow and steep refer to their XOvers as well. CDTs run ultra steep (read 60db/octave) XOver slopes while the Diamonds run with very shallow 1st order(6db/octave) XOver slopes and a higher XOver point which ends up pushing more of the mids up into the tweeters (-30db at 140 hz into the Hex tweets). You will probably get higher power handling out of the CDTs because of this, but I don't have the cash required to run such a test :p

The CDT site says the woofers are around 2 13/16 deep. But there actually a little less like 2 5/8" if you remove the rubber magnet cover.

I didn't think the CL-61's would fit since i only had a total mounting depth of 2.5" but they somehow still fit, and my window still rolls down. You should give them a try, i'm sure you can make them fit.

all u need to do is make a baffle out of mdf for the mids and they will fit. use 1/2" mdf and u are good to go. Why not step upto the cdt audio EF-61cf carbon fibers for 180 shipped? They are better than the cl61a's and can take more power as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.