DEH-P780MP complaint...

irupp33
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
Okay i just bought the deck and i absolutly love it! The screen is amazing, contol over sound quality is pretty good and high volt pre outs what not to love right?

Well my only complaint is the rotary knob, is there a way to adjust the sensitivity so it doesnt take forever and a day to turn up or down the volume?

All Pioneer product HU's have this now. The trick is to not rip on it. As far as my deck went, there was no sensitivity adjustment. If you need to quiet the unit quickly, use the ATT button, it usually quiets the HU enough, and then just turn it down from there. If you put volume up though, it returns to the original volume.

~Levi

EDIT: the SAT mode is what quiets on mine. Not ATT, that was my old Sony //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ohh, might I tickle your brain as to what that unit can do? How clean is the display? Does it have screensavers that you can program, ASL, the tuning mic?

Noone around here has it (even stores don't) and I'm going to purchase it for a build for a friend.

if you turn it slower and more consistantly it works better than just trying to spin it as fast as you can

or use the remote, that's what i do.
Yea that's it. Turn it slowly and at a constant speed. I use the remote most of the time also, I just pause it.

the new pionner (p780) ****..the only good part is the screen..altough i wish it would be bigger. Turning the volume is like searching for a mp3 songs. THe GI is so slow that it take for ever to search for a songs or turning the volume up. But then again theres when the remote comes in handy. just the att button.

There is an audio option called SLA. Might help if you turn that up. I believe it makes the highs and lows stand out more making it sound louder than the volume says. I used to float somewhere around 45 volume but i turned up the SLA and now i never go over 30

There is an audio option called SLA. Might help if you turn that up. I believe it makes the highs and lows stand out more making it sound louder than the volume says. I used to float somewhere around 45 volume but i turned up the SLA and now i never go over 30
SLA is the source level equalizing software, IIRC. It is just in the even that you have am Aux device that is very loud, or if the radio in your area has a strong signal. It allows you to set relative volumes so that if you switch sources, the volume from one to the other is approximately the same.

At least that is what I remember SLA doing. I could be way off base...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

irupp33

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
irupp33
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date