deh-p7400 vs deh-p740 seeking your advice

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1K
U

Unregistered

I know the 740 has more pre-outs, a slightly different color, and a skydiving screen saver instead of racecar, and 2 year instead of 1 year warranty. But besides that, are there any differences (better sound quality, less skipping, quality)?

I can get the 7400 for $220 and the 740 for $280. I am not planning to use the preouts so that doesn't really matter. Any better cd/mp3 players in this price range?

I was Unregistered. The deh-p7400mp is for sale at http://www.lgdsuperstore.com for $219.95 + shipping. I didn't but it because shipping was 32 bucks for me, so I ordered the mp919 for $329 + $12 shipping, good deal I thought--no warranty though. Anyone know how to make Kenwood THINK you deserve a warranty even though you didn't buy from an authorized dealer? Thanks alot!

Hey, I went and got the 7400. It seems to work just fine for me. I don't need all the preouts. I wanted clean clear sound, and don't need the loudness and extra extra bass. I can get that still if I want to. I think I got the Pioneer unit for about 260 including shipping and handling. It retails for 375. Ended up just paying the 260 for better service and the 1 year warranty. Sometimes it better to pay a little extra for better customer service. The person who installed the unit for me had a premier and they basically look and do the same from my perspective. He just feels extra special cause his says Premier instead of Pioneer.

THE PREMIER DECKS ARE SUPED UP VERSIONS. THEY HAVE MAYBE 3 TO 5 DIFFERENT[iMPORTANT] FEATURES.THE VOLTAGE ON THE OUTPUTS ARE MORE POWERFUL. IF YOU'RE A REGULAR CONSUMER, GET THE CUTE REG. PIONEER DECK. BUT IF YOU WANT TO COMPETE WITH THE BIG BOYS FOR A LOW PRICE, GO WITH THE PREMIER...PEACE

premier units are NO different in the new models in older years yeah there were differances but now they are none thats y the price diff is only like 20 bucks, i was talking to the owner of the stereo shop today and he told me that the only differance now is the pre outs are gold plated (woo hoo) and you have a 2 yr instead of 1 year warranty. in years past you had more options and more screen savers but now you just get the word premire instead of poineer in the middle of your HU.

who you callin buddy? i think i know my stuff there is not difference between them except $25 in price and a 2yr warranty veruses a one yr. and since your such a know it all y dont you look at the specs....turn to page 56 of car audio and electroincs may 2002 issue and tell me what you see buddy.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
EPanther99
IMG_0692.jpg

just call me KeV

May 1, 2024