Definitive number for port size w/o turbulence-port noise?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Oraclem19

Senior VIP Member
Looking at recommendations and size suggestions all over, yet can't find a solid answer on how big a non flared port needs to be to avoid port noise. I can't be looking at these numbers right, from what I've heard for my 1 12" in a 4 cube box I need 2 6" ports??

Box was originally intended to be sealed, did not get the SPL response I would have liked though, now I am attempting to make it a ported.

Another option was making a slot port to come through the armrest in a mini-style wall, yet that is only looking like 40-55 sq in, if that.

xmax is .551 each way, 800w.

Either way seems like wayy to much port for a 800rms sub...i would think more along the lines of a single 6" aero or around 12-16"^2 per cube of slot port...and 4 cubes for a single 12 seems awfully big as well....my current box for my pair of hdc4 12s has around 18"^2 per cibe which comes out to almost 80" of port which is quite a bit for a pair of 12s..might wana recheck ur numbers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.