deep bass humming while vehicle is off

Travis_Walker

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
Hey All!! New here, just trying to find some stuff out, get some feedback per say. Ive looked and could never find any thread about my problem so im coming here in hopes to get what i need. lol

I have a new 2019 Ford F150 XLT less than 2500 miles. I install my "system" and all was well for a few days. then all of a sudden..... If im driving down the road everything is fine, I'm jamming no noise except for what should be there due to the jams.. i turn my truck off and go inside, then 2 out of 3 times for some reason about 5-8 minutes after the trucks off i get this hellatious buzz from the subs, trucks completely off. i go outside and as soon as i open my door it goes off. I've read a lot of different thing from maybe a bad ground, remote wire ect.. the way i have it set up now it through audio. the kicker amp has 3 setting for the on/off (12v, rem, audio) the humming originally came through with a remote wire connected, i completely did away with that by switching the amp to audio so now i have no remote wire. again it worked as it should for a day then went to crap again.. i feel like im beating my head against the wall with this one, i feel defeated. so im asking for help. (not something i normally do)

Get on Facebook and ask on F150 Nation group. I don't have experience with newer than 2016 but these new vehicles are a PITA when it comes to installing aftermarket stereos.

You have a standard base radio right? No Sony system?

No, I have an LOC I took from my 13 Lariat w/Sony. but I figured without the Sony system in this one I would need to use Forscan to activate the factory sub connection located in the pillar of the driver side rear seat area.. i bought an aftermarket harness that has the factory plugs. so I unplugged the radio and plugged this harness in and plugged the factory back into this harness and was made to give you RCA outs..

I believe I've figured my stuff out.. sitting here at work not doing anything but thinking about my jams got me like, what did i do different this time than last and i hit me. i don't have my power wire and my RCA's separated due to... well, i don't have a good reason other than a brain fart while installing it.. So, when i decide to wake up tomorrow whatever time that may be, if time is on my side im going to take my driver side seat out. and rerun a set of RCA's between my seat and console under the carpet and get it off my power wire.

more to come.

If times not on my side ill grab a set of RCA's and just run them under the seat and just completely do away with the RCA's in there now.. That would achieve the same thing with less than half the effort. Once im positive it'll work ill fix it correctly on my days off of work

I would think it if were an rca and power wire interference issue it would only do it when the truck is running. I found another post on an F150 forum with the same issue but the guy never resolved the issue.

I would think it if were an rca and power wire interference issue it would only do it when the truck is running. I found another post on an F150 forum with the same issue but the guy never resolved the issue.
idk. im about to do it tho.. maybe it'll work maybe it won't but either way it needs to get done. just something to eliminate.

You need to find out why the amplifier is still on after you turn the truck off. If you can make the amplifier go off when you turn the truck off, the noise will go away.

you are probably fighting interference from a factory security system.

idk. im about to do it tho.. maybe it'll work maybe it won't but either way it needs to get done. just something to eliminate.
I am interested in this thread. I had the same issue but on a 99 Silverado. If I would slam the door, the amp would come on with a loud hum, just like the hum of power transformers but amplified. Ended up getting rid of that amp and many amps later, no hum. I still daily that Chevy and signals have always been away from powers. So it was just the amp in my case.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.