Decisions

Participant count
  • Participant list

rapfiend03
10+ year member

TEXAS!
ok im gonna start building a small home theater setup. small bcuz i live in a small 1 bedroom apt. lol. I have currently an extra RE SX 12 dual 2ohm that ill be using for sub-bass. Heres my question I have 200dollars to buy either a mono amp for the sub OR a reciever. I dont have a reciever at all so im leaning towards that. yes i know i will be grossly underpowering the sub and i expect to get what i pay for. i dont want some crazy perfect sounding home setup. all i want is a economical system that sounds better than my dell's 2.1 harmon kardon setup. this is my first venture in the home audio world so any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

yep thats the exact amp i was looking at lol
can i use my dell desktop pc to be a recevier? no, right?
Yup.

Get a stereo miniplug to RCA male ends adapter to use the output on your soundcard (unless your soundcard has RCA outs too then in that case even better)

Do you have an amp for your full range speakers? Because if you don't you are going to want to do the receiver thing. Also, just a note most receivers don't have an amp in them for the sub, they usually have a low pass filtered RCA out. If I were you I would do it up right, meaning I would buy the receiver go sub less for a while until you have the money to get the other amp.... Just my opinion....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.