Decide for me!!!!!

n00bie
10+ year member

help me out here! i am in AMP DILEMMA!!!! of these 3 amps which one should i use to power one 12w7...

- JL Audio 1000/1

- RF T10001bd

- Orion HCCA-D2400

what amp would you choose and please state the reason(s) why! by the way, could a 12w7 handle 900 - 1200watts or is that too much power for it?

I say stay with JL, They are all nice amps though, Its really up to you, do you plan on changing the sub later? Keep that in mind also.

From that list..........the Rockford.

Reason:

It is a Power series and they are very under rated and run cool and thus you will get louder music and can turn the gains down some if you want and run that amp for a long time.lol

I'd get the least expensive given they all will sound roughly the same and last forever if you don't run the piss out of them.
x2

Also, its always better to have an overpowered amp vs an underpowered one. Its easier for a say 2kW amp to run at 1kW then it is for a 1kW amp to run at 1kW.

From that list..........the Rockford.
Reason:

It is a Power series and they are very under rated and run cool and thus you will get louder music and can turn the gains down some if you want and run that amp for a long time.lol
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.