Debating on 2 8" or 1 10" JL sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

jpeezy77

Kuwait
Hi guys, new here.

I searched the forums for a comparison of these two JL enclosed sub systems, didn't find it so thought I'd asked. The sub will be going into my Jeep SRT8, using minimal space was a major consideration...but the dimension for either of these are fine.

JL CS110RG

or

JL CP208LG

Thanks!!

not gonna lie to you but better can be had for the money, but my dad currently runs 1 JL10w6 which is quite surprising... especially in a sealed box that is .75cu, I never have been a fan of the w3 though and thats whats in that enclosure... if you do happen to pick up one of those I got a JL 250/1 v1 amp that will hammer it nicely as it pounded the 10w6... see classifieds or pm me....

Go with the JL CP208LG. More cone area and the box is ported. It should give you more output.

mobilesoundworks.com has the setup for 419 with free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for the reply. I was leaning toward the 8's myself, but I haven't heard either one.

I forgot to mention that I am overseas(Kuwait), so getting/making a custom box isn't that easy. It will be highly overpriced, and probably made incorrectly here. So, I think my best option is a pre-made enclosure, with a small footprint. Those two seemed to fit what I need, but if there is something else around the same size and performance I am open to suggestions.

basswiigee-If you still have that amp for sale when I make my final decision, I will hit you up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jpeezy77

jpeezy77
Kuwait
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Ahmed Johnson