Deaf Bonce 3012 apocalypse

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bass Addict
10+ year member

Hell on wheels
Tennessee
Came in and got it installed after making the hole in the stang box slightly bigger.when i 1st took it out of the box,i was impressed.after giving it the works,i can say that it sounds better then the xcon with higher output of course.i am very satisfied with it.sql sub that gets plenty loud in my truck.really stiff sub out of the box....on a side note,this crescendo s1 plus is underrated lol.

Attachments

• 0505232050a_HDR.jpg
    0505232050a_HDR.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 0505232050_HDR.jpg
    0505232050_HDR.jpg
    877 KB · Views: 41
  • 0505231513_HDR.jpg
    0505231513_HDR.jpg
    813.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 0505231529_HDR.jpg
    0505231529_HDR.jpg
    564.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Came in and got it installed after making the hole in the stang box slightly bigger.when i 1st took it out of the box,i was impressed.after giving it the works,i can say that it sounds better then the xcon with higher output of course.i am very satisfied with it.sql sub that gets plenty loud in my truck.really stiff sub out of the box....on a side note,this crescendo s1 plus is underrated lol.
That's a beautiful sub, love the custom basket and carbon cap with lime green writing. I really dig this sub, are they made in Russia, Korea or China?

That's a beautiful sub, love the custom basket and carbon cap with lime green writing. I really dig this sub, are they made in Russia, Korea or China?
That i dont know.they have a warranty on it.i tried to look up the name on the sticker on the magnet with no luck..idc at this point,love this sub.if i had two in this truck on 5k with correct electrical,it would be tearing shiit up.i will not be riding around with it that loud.it blurrs my vision.and i have the xover at 70...

Think i found it...from russia

Last edited:
I honestly dont care lol as long as it holds up.if it doesnt,i will throw the the zcon in.either way,i got what i wanted.a loud great sounding 12

Edit..july 2023.. scratch that zcon.pos sub

Last edited:
What bothers me about DB is they claim that is what 2800 rms? On a 3" coil? And some of the smaller rms stuff is on 2.5" or 2.75" coils.

I agree DB subwoofers sound good. Just wish the 2k and up rms stuff used a 4" coil like some of the other companies or custom ones i've been quoted.

Let us know how it holds up over the next few months.

What bothers me about DB is they claim that is what 2800 rms? On a 3" coil? And some of the smaller rms stuff is on 2.5" or 2.75" coils.

I agree DB subwoofers sound good. Just wish the 2k and up rms stuff used a 4" coil like some of the other companies or custom ones i've been quoted.

Let us know how it holds up over the next few months.
Yeah,i was confused on that myself.site says 2800,manual may or may not say 2400.dust cap never got warm while i was beating on it for awhile today.i know its a 3" coil and stang talked me into it. he said he has been using this brand for a few years now and i take his word on it.dude really knows his shiit.he said it would sound good in this box and to wait till it gets broke in lol for more output.either way,i wont be listening to it that loud all the time.blurrs the vision and hits deep in my chest.i think it messed up the speaker on my phone as well.

edit.also i have never blown a sub ever.that xcon is still like new after 7 years.had a 1500 watt on it for most of it.then the 1680 crescendo,then the 2500 crescendo.i had to turn the gain up 1/4 which is a tad over half way for this sub.that clarion eq really lights these amps up.on the clarion on the sub level knob,it doesnt go no more then half way and on some songs a little over a 1/4.i could easily destroy this sub with this stout amp if i wanted too.i dont abuse my equipment like that so it will last a long time im sure.i believe the magnet is from china,but the coils are made in russia and or usa according to their website and in some other sub models in the manuals.i seen 3" 8 layer coil on 2500 sub.at any rate,i'll let ya know how it holds up.

Last edited:
Yeah see I am running a Cab-45 now as I got rid of that POS SIA 3.5K I had before on my Fi Xv3's.I just prefer half-bridge over full-bridge. I can't push these Xv3's with the full amount that Cab-45 puts out or BOOM! I even tried a set of Audio Legion Maximus series and tbh those sounded just very close to the Fi Xv3's did in the same box. Which shocked me considering. But after comparing the two next to each other they are very close in all aspects. But the Fi's of course do sound better.

I am just upgrading to something that can handle that amount of power the Cab-45 does which is 4,500 rms. Been looking at a couple different ones with Fi in the mix as damn the quality is just there and talked to djdillion about a custom setup and his pricing is really good considering each 12" would be close to 100lbs with a 4" US Precision Coil and 8 or 10 layer Italian Spider with 8 gauge terminals. So far his setup is the front runner if I can just come up with the cash later on this year plus he is swamped right now anyway with builds for SPL competitions.

My dual 12" box was designed by Buck at 4.5 cubic feet at 33hz and made with 1" 17 layer Russian Birch from Sound Authority in Tampa a friend of his who moved there from Denver. All cuts done on a machine that Buck was programming from home. In a '03 Explorer so I got the room and even with that box I still got enough room for groceries.

Last edited:
I bet that is really loud. me personally,no way could i handle listening to that much power.maybe back when i was in my 30's...just like some of those cats on youtube pumping out 10k watts,breaking windshields and what not.not me lol.i am on the thresh hold with this sub if i play it like i was in the vid.dont get me wrong i like loud bass up to a point.especially in my small cabin.bigger cabins allways need more cone area for sure.better too have too much and be able to turn it down,then to have something not loud enough and cant turn it up.my xcon 10 really couldnt keep up with my front two gto 6x9's.this sub,no problem.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...