Dead Amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TrueHazard

Set up:

Phoenix Gold Ryval V1502 with Polk Audio Dual 12" Subwoofers: working fine

Arc Audio XDI804 500W amp with 4 6" DB speakers, model unknown: not working

So here is the full story:

Last Friday, 8/14, I left work to find that the Check Engine light on my 2004 Tahoe was on. It wasn't flashing so I wasn't in a hurry to get it looked at. Also, there was no noticeable issues with the operation of the vehicle. I planned to take it in today, but when I left the office yesterday, 8/21, the check engine light was off. Yay.

But, there was no sound when I started playing music from my phone from the speakers; I only heard bass. I am not sure if the two are related but it is highly suspicious, at best.

In any case, I started troubleshooting. Change to a different music source, turned the vehicle off then back on. Nothing. The power light on the amp was off so I am at the point of checking for voltage going into the amp. I had a crappy DMM that kept reading 0 volts even at the battery, so I ordered a Fluke and it'll be here tomorrow.

I went to Auto Zone to have then test the electrical system and everything checked out fine. I also pulled the fuses on the amp and they haven't blown, "the little arc piece in the middle is still instact".The sub amp is working so I think it's just that the Arc amp that went bad for some reason.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.