DD2512D2 vs Orion hcca 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

Magnatus

Banned
AZ
Ok my question is i have a orion hcca 12 inch right now

and my friend is selling his dd2512 d2

and my old orion hcca 12 inch box is the exact same specs the DD requires (2.5 @ 32 hertz ported)

my question is im i gonna notice a difference if i put the DD2512 in the box?

I guess time doesn't mean brains lol. I've seen some '02ers and '04ers ask some of the stupidest minuscule questions lol.
OP I'd keep the hcca
Same here you look at post count expecting to see like 50 and then you notice their join date and go WTF?! The DD IMO will sound better but probably wont be very loud...

I guess time doesn't mean brains lol. I've seen some '02ers and '04ers ask some of the stupidest minuscule questions lol.
OP I'd keep the hcca
lol right?

Same here you look at post count expecting to see like 50 and then you notice their join date and go WTF?! The DD IMO will sound better but probably wont be very loud...
All dependent on the setup & variables. All in the ear of the listener, however.

I have just never heard of an HCCA sounding very good no matter what the install is...
A guy at a local shop has a single HCCA 10" on an amazing amount of power in a 4th order. That thing drops lower than **** and sounds great doing it. I was actually very impressed. Only HCCA setup I've ever heard though. The older HCCAs sounded like total shitballs though.

A guy at a local shop has a single HCCA 10" on an amazing amount of power in a 4th order. That thing drops lower than **** and sounds great doing it. I was actually very impressed. Only HCCA setup I've ever heard though. The older HCCAs sounded like total shitballs though.
FALSE! I had a 15 reconed by PSI in a 3.5cube box tuned to 34 and it sounded great. the old tc9 based HCCAs are very respectable essque wise. its the new ones that are PURE SPL subs.

I have just never heard of an HCCA sounding very good no matter what the install is...
Got a guy out this way with 2 in.a blazer that sounds pretty good and loud. And not off an uber amount of power either

FALSE! I had a 15 reconed by PSI in a 3.5cube box tuned to 34 and it sounded great. the old tc9 based HCCAs are very respectable essque wise. its the new ones that are PURE SPL subs.
Bet psi could recone my old cvr an make it sound amazing too.

Got a guy out this way with 2 in.a blazer that sounds pretty good and loud. And not off an uber amount of power either

Bet psi could recone my old cvr an make it sound amazing too.
I had an original 12 too, it didnt sound like a total "sh|tball" as stated earlier, but then again, maybe the ones yall heard were in sh|t enclosures....

yea mine is a recone on a tc9 motor,

what is the max that the hca tc9 motor can handle rms?

i was gonna throw a audioque 1200RMS on it,

but debating about spending another 100 bux for a audioque 2200

box is 2.5 cubes @ 32 hertz

yea mine is a recone on a tc9 motor,
what is the max that the hca tc9 motor can handle rms?

i was gonna throw a audioque 1200RMS on it,

but debating about spending another 100 bux for a audioque 2200

box is 2.5 cubes @ 32 hertz
We need to know more about it to tell you what it will handle... My Tc9 will take all of a 2200 but that doesnt mean your can...

that dd is a 2.5" coil'ed sub as well
Yes?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.