DD 9515g Power

Drummer65
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Just picked up a DD 9515g and unfortunately its a Dual 4 ohm so ill only be feeding it about 1700 watts from my Orion 2500d. Would it be worth buying a bigger amp or another Orion to strap together? I know the sub is rated at 1500 rms but have read they can take 4k daily. Its in a 4 cubic foot box tuned to 34 hz.

Thanks

I was looking to get another Orion but after searching it looks like the amp isn't strappable? the amp does have a master/slave switch on it so i'm a little confused. Since the sub is a dual 4 i was thinking about wiring it down to 2 ohms, then split the 2 + & - wires into 4 and have a pair going to each amp?? Would that not work?

I was looking to get another Orion but after searching it looks like the amp isn't strappable? the amp does have a master/slave switch on it so i'm a little confused. Since the sub is a dual 4 i was thinking about wiring it down to 2 ohms, then split the 2 + & - wires into 4 and have a pair going to each amp?? Would that not work?

anyone know?

My Autotek mx3000.1 will give you over 3k watts @2ohms:D

3b1f8f81.jpg

Keep tweaking the box. Don't just feed it tons of power for daily. DD Subs can get nasty but their tight suspensions make them very picky when it comes to enclosures. Someone who spends lots of time on the box will always been happier than someone who just pours power to a woofer. It's not safe, it's not smart.

the orion 2500d is not strappable

if you want to link them look into a maxxonics whatever they are called, where you can link unstrappable amps together.

maxx-link perhaps?

Okay so I understand the Orion is already internally bridged, but if it's 1 ohm stable by itself why can I not strap two orion's together and run them at 2 ohms? The amp has a master/slave switch. If it's not strappable can I use the maxxlink to strap two together? Two strapped orion's at 2 ohms should produce roughly 3400 watts correct or would it be 5000??

Okay so I understand the Orion is already internally bridged, but if it's 1 ohm stable by itself why can I not strap two orion's together and run them at 2 ohms? The amp has a master/slave switch. If it's not strappable can I use the maxxlink to strap two together? Two strapped orion's at 2 ohms should produce roughly 3400 watts correct or would it be 5000??
Can you strap it? Usually internally strapped amps can't be strapped... because they already are, but I'm not sure that's true in every case.

It dp'd on it's own. I did not click "post" twice. It lagged and then blammo. ca.com *****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.