DD 3515 users

Participant count
  • Participant list

KImpulse
10+ year member

OK I have a question I couldnt really find the answer to in a search here. I have a DD 3515 D4 vc,I own a 2003 blazer s-10 4 dr. I have gone to the DD site and looked at box specs for that sub,I saw a build for a small box and one for large.

I'm not big into straight spl anymore,i do like sql.But I've heard over and over that the bigger the box,the cleaner and lower this sub will play,have any of you used the smaller box from the DD site in a similar install and what results did you have.

I don't really have the money or the time to build experiment boxes. Thanks in advance.

I think you'll be fine with their recommended smaller size enclosure for music, the larger of DD's recommended enclosures tend to be too "peaky" for my taste. Every build is different though, I'm sure you'll get more responses.

OK I have a question I couldnt really find the answer to in a search here. I have a DD 3515 D4 vc,I own a 2003 blazer s-10 4 dr. I have gone to the DD site and looked at box specs for that sub,I saw a build for a small box and one for large.
I'm not big into straight spl anymore,i do like sql.But I've heard over and over that the bigger the box,the cleaner and lower this sub will play,have any of you used the smaller box from the DD site in a similar install and what results did you have.

I don't really have the money or the time to build experiment boxes. Thanks in advance.
i like 4 cubes tuned to 35hz got decently low and was quite musical but then again my trucks resonance frequency allowed my to play a bit lower.

dd boxes are to peaky for me i tend to choose the bigger box tuned a bit lower for my own taste

FWIW..

I am running a 3512sc in 2 cuft tuned to 46ish...

it dose just fine for me in my application.

I am running 2 Hifonics BRZ 2100's on it, one per coil in an extended cap S10.

I am happy with the low end of this but going to a larger box(2.2') would give much better lower end results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.