Dd 2510

Participant count
  • Participant list

You have 5 dealers within a hour of you. Try calling them first

Do you think I haven't tried that? Or did you miss the very sentence stating that my dealer stated they discontinued them and tried pushing the China line on me.

Every dd audio dealer I have ever been to has had less than a dozen subs in stock.

On top of that half of the dealers on dd's site don't exist anymore and they don't update the list.

And I don't have 5 dealers within an hour of me I have 1 in Lafayette, next closest is baton rouge which is 1.5hr slightly farther is lake Charles and a little over 2 hours is Metairie.

Dd has had a crap dealer network for years.

He said DD is only making 2508's now, because that was mostly what people bought.

He said you can get a dealer to call DD, and get DD to do a special build for you, but only if DD still has leftover parts available.

The truth is that most people will buy cheap over buying American-made stuff, to whatever extent it's American made. This is just a general statement, but manufacturers have to make what people buy, or else they'll go under. Just think about how crazy everything is right now. I'm not supporting or defending any actions. I think a great example of this effect is all the full bridge amps coming out now. I think full bridge is doodoo for music, honestly, overall. But people want cheap wattage, so companies make cheap wattage to stay competitive.

The truth is that most people will buy cheap over buying American-made stuff, to whatever extent it's American made. This is just a general statement, but manufacturers have to make what people buy, or else they'll go under. Just think about how crazy everything is right now. I'm not supporting or defending any actions. I think a great example of this effect is all the full bridge amps coming out now. I think full bridge is doodoo for music, honestly, overall. But people want cheap wattage, so companies make cheap wattage to stay competitive.

I understand it from a business perspective but even finding the 2508s is difficult. These dd506 subs didn't last very long at all the suspensionis nearly shot at just over 6months old. I've never worn a sub put like this.

Doing math on the airspace I have available I can manage 3.4cubes under the rear seat if I use all the space available. That works well for 2 10s I was just trying to not mix too many brands. And I have had good experiences with the 2510s in the past. Guess I'll be looking elsewhere

I understand it from a business perspective but even finding the 2508s is difficult. These dd506 subs didn't last very long at all the suspensionis nearly shot at just over 6months old. I've never worn a sub put like this.

Doing math on the airspace I have available I can manage 3.4cubes under the rear seat if I use all the space available. That works well for 2 10s I was just trying to not mix too many brands. And I have had good experiences with the 2510s in the past. Guess I'll be looking elsewhere

I like the 2500 series as well, heard many of them.

They have become seriously overpriced now anyway
OP
Look into Soundqubed.
Same corporation
Different floor

Lol no not same subs. close copies but American bass and audioque and soubdqubed are pretty much copies.

Ddaudio at least used to use American made voice coils and spiderpacks that alone set them apart

Many early users of American bass and audio audioque where swapping in ddaudio recone kits because that was the major difference. Thus why ddaudio does not ship out recone kits anymore.

Sure you can get budget versions I can also get the budget version ddaudio and have it perform pretty much equally well. But in this case I was and still am ok with paying more for American assembled equipment. My money goes into the pockets of an American not someone in China working for pennies. The average yearly wage in China is 20-25k which is very low and quite sad. They pretty much cannot own a house due to this and are stuck renting for life.

Idk what I'm going to run right this moment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

winkychevelle

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
winkychevelle
Ponchatoula, La
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies