DC Power alt worth $250 more than Mechman?

Dr. Slam
10+ year member

Slamming hoes n trunks...
I'm looking at these 2 high output alternators:

DC 270xp - https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/2007~Buick~Rainier~4.2L-I6/8498-270-xp.html

Mechman 250a - 250a CS144 High Output Replacement -11-un- - Mechman High Output Alternators Online Store!

Just burned out a previous shitty "high output" alternator and now I'm looking for another. I've read countless threads comparing both but much of whats posted is meaningless or doesnt really apply to my current situation. Im running over 4000 watts rms.

Money isn't an issue but value is. Is the DC 270xp really worth the extra $250 or so?

If you don't have either of these, plz don't waste a comment. I just want a yes or a no from someone that's experienced in one or both of these products to answer before I up the cash.

Excessive amperage is good too. DC's alts are solid but I don't see a reason in paying the extra cash. IMO I would use that extra $$ and put it towards a battery or something

Excessive amperage is good too. DC's alts are solid but I don't see a reason in paying the extra cash. IMO I would use that extra $$ and put it towards a battery or something

That's what I was thinkin but in my research I haven't read one bad thing about DC's products. Just their customer service and shipping.

That's what I was thinkin but in my research I haven't read one bad thing about DC's products. Just their customer service and shipping.
haven't you read the stories of people taking MONTHS to get their alternators from DC power? Lol that scares me a little bit....

haven't you read the stories of people taking MONTHS to get their alternators from DC power? Lol that scares me a little bit....
I talked to the guy at dc and he told me a week in a half. Mechman would prob ship the next day

i definitely luv my DC alt, took me a bit to get it but it was well worth it, after my last alt from a different company went out on me. i say they are both great companies if u need your alt in a hurry go with mechman.

here is mines

2011-01-21_19-11-27_989.jpg

2011-01-21_19-13-08_741.jpg

We build good alternators and so does DC. Weigh your options and make your decision, asking on a forum like this will not necessarily get you the answers you want. Few here have run both and have the ability to actually state output differences or reliability differences in the unit.

I would call or email Mechman (me) and DC and check out the specs, warranty, price, lead time, options and customer service.

I can tell you that I could ship this unit today or tomorrow depending on when it's ordered and that I do have another option for increased output that isn't listed on the site.

i definitely luv my DC alt, took me a bit to get it but it was well worth it, after my last alt from a different company went out on me. i say they are both great companies if u need your alt in a hurry go with mechman.here is mines

2011-01-21_19-11-27_989.jpg

2011-01-21_19-13-08_741.jpg
That is pretty sweet

We build good alternators and so does DC. Weigh your options and make your decision, asking on a forum like this will not necessarily get you the answers you want. Few here have run both and have the ability to actually state output differences or reliability differences in the unit.
I would call or email Mechman (me) and DC and check out the specs, warranty, price, lead time, options and customer service.

I can tell you that I could ship this unit today or tomorrow depending on when it's ordered and that I do have another option for increased output that isn't listed on the site.

I just wanted some opinions. I got burned on a high output alt before. Some input from my car audio brethren here couldn't hurt because I'm doing all of the research I didn't do the first time anyway

We have been in business since 1978, you don't last that long burning people. We build a quality product for a good price and back it up with a good warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.