Dc lvl5 spl 10

Face of Fear
10+ year member

The Beard
Iowa
So I am getting a LVL 5 SPL 10. It has 3 stiff and one medium spider and the dual flat leads. I know I have ALOT of testing ahead of me, but I am looking for opinions on things to try. I have a cresendo audio 3kw and will be burping them at .5ohm. I still need to buy batteries(want to buy brand new, but they are way to expensive so I am saving up).

I am going to start out at 1.4cubic feet with a single 6inch aero tuned to 50hz and work my way from there. Might try 3 or 4 inch aeros, but the 6inch will be where I start.

Back to the question. Does anyone have any opinions, ideas, testing tricks, or experience with this sub. All I am looking for is to break 150db on a burp, I know thats what everyone is looking for, but I am set on getting it.

napa and car quest sell the big deka batts for 80 bucks each. They just say napa or carquest on them. I just put a pair in a car for an ap3k and literally have no dimming on the factory alt. so far great batteries.

i borrowed one of thors level 5 tens and burped a 149.8 with no testing.i pulled my 12 out dropped the 10 in and bam. box is about 1.2 cube tuned to 63Hz with a 6" flared port(external) had it on 2 AQ 2200's

I was looking to do it near my cars rez freq which is 47hz. I was gonna try doing 50hz with single 6inch aero on my cresendo 3kw at .5 ohm. says it will do a lil over 4k at that. So that should be pretty close to the AQ amps strapped.

I was going to try it in sub back port driver side, but everyone is thinking sub and port front sealed off. I will probably end up doing that.

gonna be pretty hard with only 1 10" and in a trunk car...but possible, just gonna take a lot of testing. try sub forward/port forward..seal off the trunk from the cabin...test....then try shrinking the box a little and test more

I am testing in a 1.4 cub box and a .8 cub box. the 1.4 is going to have 1 6inch aero at 50hz and the .8 will have 3 4inch aeros tuned at 50. to start testing.

If your going to use big power then your gonna want to be around .8-1cu after port and sub displacement.

Its not gonna be easy to break a 50 with a single 10 out of a trunk. I've done it a couple times but they were accidents lol

i hear that i was only able to get 144.6 out of a single 10" off 3k. but was a 95 neon with no door frames leaked bad.

start ur tunning at 40hz and work ur way up bro.

make sure ur batterys are SEALED you dont need to inhale poison gas...

If i am going to seal off my trunk and have the sub and port firing forward then the batteries are going to be mounted in the back so really I could run either or cuz my trunk does leak a ok amount of air without weight on it. Something tells me that in my case where im adding batteries back there that could be good or bad. lol

If your going to use big power then your gonna want to be around .8-1cu after port and sub displacement.
Its not gonna be easy to break a 50 with a single 10 out of a trunk. I've done it a couple times but they were accidents lol
But do you think its doable? I am the one on caco getting the lvl 5 from sackett. I got his opinion and he said he got yours, but I just am trying to see if anyone has any other ideas. I got the .8cub idea from you through him. Do you have any other specs on the sub, mainly just need the displacement so i can figure the other numbers all out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.