Dayton Audio Clean Power HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

skywalker85

Hello,

My current build is going to require 1200-1400watts rms.. I've never ran this much power before and I need some knowledge thrown at me as to whats required to supply all those watts clean.

My vehicle has a stock 125amp alternator with a stock 24F 585CCA Walmart battery..

Have this feeling that there's no way I'm going to supply 1400watts clean with that alone.

Setup consists of:

2 10' Dayton HO's Dual 4s wired to 1ohm

As of now no amp. Possibly a Sundown SAZ1500?? Idk yet

Any help much appreciated. Thanks everyone

On that stock alt, Id run the largest AGM under the hood,preferb. Like a 1000CA(close to it as possible) and 800 CCA with 120 res.and possibly a second of the samewith the Big 3 in 0 ga, with 0 ga supply and ground for your amps.You should be just fine for what you are running.You may try one battery first and may be fine.any more dimming and try the second battery,and you should have all the supply you need for this type of setup.I recommend using the same batteries/not mix and match.Check into the Excide Marine/Agm batteries for the money, others may recommend duracell,interstate,ect. I run Orileys Super Start AGM batteries and have never had any issues.You should be able to get by with one good AGM and the Big 3 in 0ga with 0 ga supply for 1200-1400 rms,depending on the vehicle.What vehicle?

I’ve got that much power in my CX5 combined on a stock 100 amp alternator and no dimming lights or electrical issues. The average power output with music is no where near what it can do on a resistive dyno.

95' Nissan Maxima
Thats a good car in my opinion. I had a 96 Pearl color.Better made in my opinion than the newer with trans issues.You should be able get that Big 3 done and get one group34 Excide AGM to fit and you should have all you need for that set up.You can find a decently priced one at a Tractor Supply if you have one in town or close by

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a good car in my opinion. I had a 96 Pearl color.Better made in my opinion than the newer with trans issues.You should be able get that Big 3 done and get one group 78 Excide AGM to fit and you should have all you need for that set up.You can find a decently priced one at a Tractor Supply ifyou have one in town or close by
I will give that a shot.

And I'd have to agree. This is a great car. Oldest Nissan I've ever owned with over 300,000+ miles. And the best I've ever owned!

Thanks for your help audiobaun!

I will give that a shot.
And I'd have to agree. This is a great car. Oldest Nissan I've ever owned with over 300,000+ miles. And the best I've ever owned!

i have stock everything except big3 wires and advance agm starting batt (it tested 953cca even though it's a 740cca batt) with 14 yr old 4ga wire to amp... i'm running 1100rms to 1 sub no problems., idk how much more i could run without 2nd batt though but like he said we won't really be able to power amp like on dyno anyway

Dual Post is always better if you can swing it or order.i believe your vehicle will take a group 34 or 35 to fit in stock location. but can always relocate in trunk and run whatever size you desire

You may be able to find a Deka at a good price as well? Interstate even.I ran some redtop Optimas for a long time up until about 3-4 years ago. the new ones i purchased destroyed my 255 amp alt along with the other 3 batteries due to shelf stored junk Im sure.It was a very expensive lesson and ill never purchase another Optima brand battery again. I ended up getting the Orileys Super Start AGM batteries and never had an issue and had to replace my alt as well. But they have gotten a bit more expensive since, and you can find a compairable AGM for less and still obtain a decent warranty as well.

I will give that a shot.

Its a really good car man.That year for Maxima/and Nissans were the best they made in my opinion.keep oil changed and filter and Fluids in Auto Trans and or oil changed in Standard trans and keep it running man. Prob get better gas milage than majority of the newer Maximas as well.I had a 5 spd. and was getting up to 28..o5 I was doing good to get 22 at best.I use Castrol 10 w 30 in summer and 5 w 30 for winter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.