David Martin, aka Raven, Rumpleforeskin, ( . ) v ( . ) and DaveVT DO NOT DEAL WITH!

redlinese-r
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Newton
SUBWOOFER IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE!!!---->LINK

David Martin of St. Albans, VT. I was the seller/trader. Traded my solobarics for his radar, even took another video with the guy's username showing that the subs worked even though there was a video showing they were working in my ad (still have that video too). Should have known this guy was a tool to begin with.

Long story short, he said that he received a subwoofer not working (probably blew it as he was asking about pushing them with a 1500 watt Rockford Fosgate amp...and yes I still have those text messages asking me how i felt about that amp option), asked that i file a claim with fedex, and i did. Then the douche wanted his radar back, I said no problem and sent it back on MY DIME. Fedex denied claim stating that the packing was insufficient for the weight of the subwoofers/enclosure, FUNNY because my shipper did not pack the items with what David gave the Fedex inspector, and FUNNY how he said he threw the packaging away, yet can come up with some of it at a later point? Now this douche will not send me my subwoofers back stating that 1) the sub that he took to examine was "50" miles away and 2) he's already lost $75 (which was a shipping charge) for the subwoofers shipped to him. He wants ME to pay for the shipping cost back to me. **** that.

Everything i've done for him was in good faith and this is the **** that i get. DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! I sit here empty handed....and frustrated.

if you want details of the whole deal...ive got details...just TOO much to type here...i started typing it earlier and it would have covered a couple pages....

Last edited by a moderator:
First you shouldn't have sent the radar back yet, until you worked out him shipping the subs back. Like to hear his side if anything. Not really much you can do if he won't ship them back except call him out.

Heres the deal, one sub came with odd impedance readings. I tested them both before I ever put power to them. One was around 7.6 ohms and the other was something like 26 ohms. I put power to it, and played it very low for a minute and it seemed to straighten out but after asking a member on here I was told it was going to die VERY soon and that the coil wire under the dustcap was going to break as thats what was causing the readings to fluctuate. It lasted a couple days before it was dead. The subs were powered with a Rockford 501X which is 500rms@4 ohms but says 1500 max on top which any of you know it will not put out.

Anyway, had a local guy look at the sub who eventually found the issue was that the coil wire had broke at the bottom and was not anything he could get to without removing the cone/coil assembly which means it would need a recone. Credence no longer has anymore soft parts for this woofer so basically nothing can be done. I informed the seller of EVERYTHING.

NOW! I offered him a radar detector which still sells used for more than these subs were worth AND I paid $75 for shipping which was overpay. He used every penny of it on shipping because he paid the place to pack the subs. Not my problem but he whined about having no money left after. The box was wrapped in trash bags, had plywood over the subs, small cardboard corner braces and the box was 2 smaller ones on each end with the flaps taped together in the middle.

When fedex came to inspect they took the box and returned it roughly a week later or something. He says they denied it but that makes no sense because they never even opened it to inspect. The tape I used is still whats sealing the box.

Anyway, I told him I got the radar back but im out 75 bucks so we need to settle that up. I told him it would be fair if we both lost the same amount of money on this deal so neither of us is getting screwed. I said to send me 50 for the shipping and 12.50 which would mean he would be out 62.50 and since I paid out 75 and hes sending 12.50 that would put my loss at 62.50 as well and he would have the box and working sub to sell off.

He told me I was "out of my ******* mind" and I didnt receive another email.

So I think I was being pretty fair on this. Here is what I sent in my last email to him.

Look, fedex is full of ****. I used the same stuff your shipper did. Bubble wrap, plastic trash bag, plywood and cardboard braces. Fedex didnt even open the **** box for inspection. Its still sealed with MY TAPE!. They denied the claim because their insurance is a fucking joke. Like I said im not paying to ship these back AND losing the other 75 bucks......thats bullshit.

You want em back?. You pay the shipping and split the difference. then we are both out the same amount. Fair enough?. Otherwise im not doing ****.

Say actual shipping is 50 bucks. That leaves a difference on 25.00. So you send me 50+12.50=62.50. So your out 62.50 total. I sent you 75 and im getting 12.50 back so im out 62.50 as well. This is the most im gonna lose, period.

so yeah, this little post by him is complete and total bullshit

I wouldn't have played the bad woofer, should have worked the deal out with the trader before hand since you KNEW it was going to blow! Since you played it for a couple of days i would have kept the radar. NOT taking sides on this, just think you should have worked a deal before playing it and asking for radar back.

I wouldn't have played the bad woofer, should have worked the deal out with the trader before hand since you KNEW it was going to blow! Since you played it for a couple of days i would have kept the radar. NOT taking sides on this, just think you should have worked a deal before playing it and asking for radar back.
Well, to be honest in the beginning I had hoped the guy was wrong about the wire breaking soon. I know the seller is feeling like hes getting the raw end of the deal here but why should I be the only one to lose money?. He is expecting me to lose the 75 plus an additional 50 to ship them back. All im asking is for us to have an equal loss here. Im not trying to screw him over. If he is willing to send 62.50 so we both are out the same amount ill ship the stuff back to him.

Well, to be honest in the beginning I had hoped the guy was wrong about the wire breaking soon. I know the seller is feeling like hes getting the raw end of the deal here but why should I be the only one to lose money?. He is expecting me to lose the 75 plus an additional 50 to ship them back. All im asking is for us to have an equal loss here. Im not trying to screw him over. If he is willing to send 62.50 so we both are out the same amount ill ship the stuff back to him.
Because you sold the equipment, if it was me in your position I would take full responsibility just to save face.

Because you sold the equipment, if it was me in your position I would take full responsibility just to save face.
I sold what equipment?. I was the one trading FOR the subs NOT the one trading them.

oh so you're now DaveVT?

anyways...look here..like i've said to you before...i have done everything for you in good faith and you screw me like this? I could have said **** it and you can deal with the subs, but i didnt. Took off work early to ship you out the subs that week (was going to ship it that saturday) because you said you were moving, yet a month later im sending the radar back to the same address? I took your side on the issue that the subs were probably damaged by fedex and helped you by assisting in the claim process. BS now. You wanted your radar back and demanded that you get it by that weekend. I was extremely hesitant because i did not know what fedex was going to do with the claim, but i took a leap of faith with shipping you back your radar....apparently I didn't make it across. I was going to ship that saturday, but PO was closed, so I took off work early again Monday to ship you your **** radar. Do you really feel like you got the short end of the stick? Can you please tell me what you physically have and what I physically have? If you dont know, you have both the radar, subwoofer(s)/enclsoure. Me? Hmm...let me look...OH...NOTHING! Again, i could have said **** it and you deal with it, but I didnt because I am not that type of person. I really dont give a **** anymore...when someone is morally fucked up what can you do? In fact if anyone other than Dave Martin of St Albans, VT wants the other solobaric sub and enclosure they can have it, no strings, just pick it up from him, just let me know it's with a better person. Not going to deal with this fool anymore. If you aint got the money to pay, then dont play. And if you dont get it by now, i am not paying for my stuff back because it is the principle of the matter.

Oh...since someone else will hopefully pick up (and yes, you can keep) what should be rightfully here in my possession...you owe me $8.60 for the return of your radar. Thank-you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

redlinese-r

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
redlinese-r
Newton
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies