datboiroy: AWESOME TRANSHIPPER! UNAUTHORIZED INTERNET SALES!

interesting thread. This has been a great Monday. Will there be any legal actions taken for the unauthorized sales?
I would only hope, cause I just got a few packs of popcorn. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I would only hope, cause I just got a few packs of popcorn. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

I'll join you!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Oh boy EPIC threads FTW, it's not even Friday yet!!!!!! HAHAHAAHA

First it was Ellie the ugly girl, then the wedding couple, and now this!! LMFAO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm confused. What did he actually do wrong? Is the only thing they're doing wrong is shipping stuff?
he is pushing product online with warranty. His dealer contract specifically says he cant do that unless he knows the person on a personal basis.

he is pushing product online with warranty. His dealer contract specifically says he cant do that unless he knows the person on a personal basis.
But if I go to his store is that still okay? And I'll get my warranty correct?

But if I go to his store is that still okay? And I'll get my warranty correct?
good luck, they are no longer dealers for ID and Arc now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

but to answer your question, if they are a dealer and you physically walk in the store to buy a product you are covered.

good luck, they are no longer dealers for ID and Arc now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
but to answer your question, if they are a dealer and you physically walk in the store to buy a product you are covered.
I'm not going there for ID or Arc. Thanks for the help.

So are places like OnlineCarStereo.com and WoofersETC.com doing the same thing by selling products like this without warranties?

So are places like OnlineCarStereo.com and WoofersETC.com doing the same thing by selling products like this without warranties?
yep. only few of their products are authorized.

be sure not to buy Zapco from woofersETC. serials be sometimes scratched off.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Woofersetc.com is an authorized online Image Dynamics dealer.

It's a very simple equation, really.
Excellent company->

excellent products->

poor Dealer selection->

trans-shipping->

decreased quantity of honest, legit dealers->

decreased business for excellent company->

company must maintain livable profit margin->

company has a choice to lower build quality on products->

you now receive 'not as they used to be' products.

ID is one of a few companies doing things right (cutting trans-shipping, monitoring internet sales) and that's why they spit out top quality products that you all (end-user) enjoy. Arc as well. Memphis. Boston. Morel. DD. Elettromedia.--just a few examples.
This should be quoted a few times for people who don't work for the industry and also like to put in 2 cents in a thread where they don't have to.

yep. only few of their products are authorized.
be sure not to buy Zapco from woofersETC. serials be sometimes scratched off.
Yeah, that's what I figured. I bought an Alpine PDX-1.600 from OnlineCarStereo.com and when I received it, it didn't have a serial number on it and there was a slight scratch on the back side. It worked fine, but yeah, there was no way to get it warrantied.

Thanks for the help man.

Mykvr6,
You are correct about knowing about this for some time. I believe that people should have the opportunity to "modify" their misdirected ways. Call it a second chance or even a 3 strike policy. This dealer has been warned on several occasions and apparently has opted not to listen or give a crap. The termination letter has been sent and already received. He is currently on other forums spewing at the mouth about it too.

I feel better terminating one dealer than losing credibility with all of my other dealers because I looked the other way. This is called integrity!
well I'll give you that...and I'll leave it at that. 2-3 however many strikes it takes. Like I said I know the owner and mean no ill will, and I'm not hatin' or looking to bring anybody down. But I also have been around long enough to know how all this will end up when everyone is racing to undercut each other on price. In the end NO ONE makes any money and eventually the product starts to suffer as well.

I do hope you guys over at ID stay vigilant though. I've been a fan since back when Audio Designs was the only place anywhere near Houston that carried ID and people had no idea who ID was when i said I had two IDQ12's in my Toyota Xcab truck.

well I'll give you that...and I'll leave it at that. 2-3 however many strikes it takes. Like I said I know the owner and mean no ill will, and I'm not hatin' or looking to bring anybody down. But I also have been around long enough to know how all this will end up when everyone is racing to undercut each other on price. In the end NO ONE makes any money and eventually the product starts to suffer as well.
I do hope you guys over at ID stay vigilant though. I've been a fan since back when Audio Designs was the only place anywhere near Houston that carried ID and people had no idea who ID was when i said I had two IDQ12's in my Toyota Xcab truck.

Mykvr6,

Understand this (with no disrespect), there is a new sheriff in town (to sound corny). Trust me when I say this, things have changed at ID for the better. If you would like to discuss in further detail, feel free to call me or e-mail me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

joshualittle
columbus, oh
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from