Damplifier Pro Vs dynamat extreme

Dynamat Extreme is a great product

Proven over the years as a solid product

Damplifier Pro on the other hand is the product that I designed, so My words will a bit biased.

THe numbers however are not.

Damplifier Pro has a foil that is 50% thicker than the foil on Dynamat Extreme. That is 1 and 1/2 time thicker and stronger. Our foil is also black which hides better in some areas where the product might be showing.

Our adhesive has a higher rubber content, and is about 20% thicker than the adhesive on the Dynamat Extreme.

Both are great though, and which ever you choose you should be happy with.

ANT

I have used dynamat extreme ss damp light and damp pro and must say.. the light doesn't hold a candle to either.. not even close.. but its not intended to.. I ordered it mistakenly thinking it would be the same but lighter.. not so. the extreme and pro.. not much performance difference to be noticeable. the differences that stand out the most..

damp pro comes in sheets.. some may say eh w.e until you use it.. the work to lay it down is cut in HALF you don't even need a roller to lay it down.. I use my hand and push down and slide my fingernails to get it down secure.

dynamat.. the rolls wrinkle the sheets.. pita! the foil seems a little harder to cut.. don't know if thats good or bad.. but throwing it out there..

just for shits and giggles.. the lite.. don't really know what application you would want this for.. its too light to do much and if you layer it you ruin the whole light thing. When pulling the mat off the paper the foil separated from the butyl occasionally. not a huge issue but just an fyi. I layered it because it was so light..

So all in all

between the two I would go with damp pro unless you can get a really good deal on dynamat extreme.. make sure its EXTREME the original ******.. just my personal preference between the two.. now then there are MANY other brands I haven't tried so take my advice knowing that

Dynamat Extreme is a great productProven over the years as a solid product

Damplifier Pro on the other hand is the product that I designed, so My words will a bit biased.

THe numbers however are not.

Damplifier Pro has a foil that is 50% thicker than the foil on Dynamat Extreme. That is 1 and 1/2 time thicker and stronger. Our foil is also black which hides better in some areas where the product might be showing.

Our adhesive has a higher rubber content, and is about 20% thicker than the adhesive on the Dynamat Extreme.

Both are great though, and which ever you choose you should be happy with.

ANT
Take this kindly as it is meant to be. I am glad you calmed down a bit on the sales push. It actually makes you guys look better to put the info out rather than.. I can sell you this or that.. I say this only because I have seen your ways change the last year and change.. It makes you more approachable I think too as you appear to be able to talk with out the car salesman feel.

either way I buy/bought your products so just saying..

Dynamat extreme also comes in sheets and is simple to cut and lay down. The foil isnt as bad as people say as far as cutting up your hands. I bought a 4 inch paint roller($4) from lowes instead of the wooden roller that I would never use again worked excellent. Amazon has the dynamat on sale once in awhile which ends up being cheaper than SS plus with free shipping, thats where they kill you.

I currently cannot give a proper comparison between the two however, i do have a bunch of second skin products on the way so will be able to give an all out comparison between the two soon.

that being said, i have used dynamat extreme, raammat, and another that i cant remember the brand name but I dont think i can even call it deadener. While the dynamat extreme was a nice product i feel it was hard to install. I did not like the foil on it. It made it too stiff to install. Luckily I always use a blow torch when i install deadener to help soften it and help it stick better. The raammat on the other hand I like a lot better than the dynamat. It was much easier to work with and I felt it had greater performance.

Now that I have given my review on that I would now like to share that I cannot wait to get my second skin products soon and be able to give an even better comparison between all the deadeners and get my hands on some of the best deadener on the market. According to paper anyway, but I have no doubt in my mind that it is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

cant say I have used it and I know it wasn't a option but for 100 vs 150 I plan to use raamat bxt2 price is right and I know the standard bxt is good stuff so 40% more dense looks like 84 mil to me maybe Ant Can say why damplifier pro is better to be worth a extra 60 bucks I mean it is .135 lbs heavier per sq foot shrug. No offense Ant there is a lot of products you make that are very unique and I will probably be using firewall spray coating also and the speaker tweaker kit.

No offence taken. All good questions.

the problem is in the compariswon.

Most pepole want to compare Damplifier Pro to everything else out there.

Our regular Damplifier is what we should be comparing to BXT2

It is our Damplifier Lite that compares with regular BXT.

Here is how it breaks down:

BXT

2 mil foil

60 mils thick

.35 lbs psf

Damplifier Lite

3 mil foil

.45 mils thick

.35 lbs psf

Then we have the next step up.

BXT2 is 40% more dense, but not 40% thicker. Just 40% heavier. The foil is twice as thick as the regualr BXT. The product does not come out to be 84 mils thick. Closer to 70 mils thick. The added weight of the 4 mil foil makes up the difference. The product is great but the numbers on the website should be better explained.

BXT2

4 mil foil

69 mils thick

.49 lbs psf

Damplifier

4 mil foil (hard temper foil - coated black)

60 mils total thickness

.48 lbs psf

The Damplifier Pro you are comparing the BXT2 to, is certainly more expensive, but for good reason. It costs us a good deal more tp produce. Infact, so does Damplifier. The adhesive has a high quality butyl that has less filler and more butyl rubber content than any product we have tested.

Damplifier Pro

6.5 mil foil

80 mils total thickness

.65 lbs psf

Raammat BXTii is a great product, especially at the price Rick sells it for. Just be sure you compare apples to apples, when looking a the costs, and what you get in ever square foot of material. You will see the BXT II and regular Damplifier compare very well in terms of price. If you want to compare quality, PM me with your shipping address. I'll send a sample out to you so you can decide for yourself.

ANT

thanks for the info thus why there was no offense I knew if there was a good reason you would be the man to have it. And like you said it is a little vague on the site for raamat leaves a little to be wondered and guessed on. thanks for the info ANT.

Dynamat extreme also comes in sheets and is simple to cut and lay down. The foil isnt as bad as people say as far as cutting up your hands. I bought a 4 inch paint roller($4) from lowes instead of the wooden roller that I would never use again worked excellent. Amazon has the dynamat on sale once in awhile which ends up being cheaper than SS plus with free shipping, thats where they kill you.
they finally put it in sheets now? thats a good thing to hear..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.