Damaged X-12 in the mail

Frank H

San Diego
I just received my woofer from online vendor and opened it for inspection. There is obvious damage to the foam packaging (very nice packaging I might add) from being dropped or abused somehow. The woofer seems fine besides one terminal is cracked. Picture attached. I am waiting to hear back from SA to see what I should do. I am thinking some gorilla glue to hold it in place. Concerned though, the glue will have to put up with some abuse. The power wire is not damaged, just the plastic mount. My email to Sundown Audio stated that I was hoping to avoid shipping this 60 pound beast anywhere and if me glueing it would void my warranty.

What would you do?

glue and make sure nothing metal is at risk of shorting, id still be weary of it breaking during play since the sub is a beast but itll probably be fine.

is it set up so that you can replace that piece if they sent you a new one? id try to replace the broken part and resolder to the terms if you're worried about reselling it later on

as much of a prick as im gonna sound like for saying this, i probably would of asked for a new woofer as soon as i saw that, especially if it was bought NIB from an authorized dealer.

Should be an easy fix. CA glue should hold it. I would see if the vendor will do a small refund in order to compensate you for the trouble and save them the trouble of dealing with a return etc.

It is a bolt on piece. Would be tough to get in there to remove the nut/screw to replace it, but it is removeable. I had to use a mirror to get in there to see that there is a nut in there that would remove the mount. The wires are connected with allen screws.

Omni, it was FedEx. It looked fine on the outside of the box. But the styrofoam was damaged from an obvious fall/drop.

Mitchell, It is supposed to be new in box. How should I go about asking for compensation? It would be nice to get some refund.

Sundown hasn't returned an email yet.

It is a bolt on piece. Would be tough to get in there to remove the nut/screw to replace it, but it is removeable. I had to use a mirror to get in there to see that there is a nut in there that would remove the mount. The wires are connected with allen screws.
Omni, it was FedEx. It looked fine on the outside of the box. But the styrofoam was damaged from an obvious fall/drop.

Mitchell, It is supposed to be new in box. How should I go about asking for compensation? It would be nice to get some refund.

Sundown hasn't returned an email yet.
I've been emailing Sundown here lately and it seems to take a few days to hear back from them. Just thought id share my input on emailing them.

I've been emailing Sundown here lately and it seems to take a few days to hear back from them. Just thought id share my input on emailing them.
is there a reason why you're bumping a thread from 7 months ago

is there a reason why you're bumping a thread from 7 months ago
LOL I feel retarded, I didn't even check the date. Seen the thread at the top of the page under recent discussions and figured it was up to date being under the recent section. Dont jump me and shoot me down, was just trying to help. Sorry...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Frank H

Frank H
San Diego
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
blowthemup