dagan30-Having some issues with him

DaveVT
10+ year member

Like A Boss
VT
Agreed to purchase his 2 12" 2008 model L7 12's. Took him about a week to ship them. Price was 700 shipped for a zx1500.1 and the subs and enclosure. I sent half up front and then another 50 bucks because he asked for more due to the cost of shipping. I received the subs and with the UPS guy still standing there I unpacked them and pushed on each of the cones to makes sure they moved freely and such.

One was fine and the other scraped quite badly. So, I brought everything inside and removed the subs from the box. At this time I notice the front MDF panel is done for. So I have a box to repair. I grabbed my multimeter and tested the sub that seemed ok. These are dual 4ohms.....coil one and two read 3.5ohms. The other sub read 3.5ohms on one coil and ZERO on the other.

He swears up and down they both worked but considering I didnt even have my amp till today I sure as hell didnt blow em and I doubt the UPS guy opened them and blew one. Anyway, I asked for a 50% refund which I though was reasonable. I paid for 2 working subs and a box and got a dead sub, box in need of repair and one good sub.

We tried coming to many resolutions and it didnt work. I told him I needed to hear from him by sunday night or I was filing a chargeback with my bank. Paypal convinced me to go through them but if they fail then my bank will take it from there. I told him after the chargeback I will send him back half the money. He refused and told me to ship them back. This is after I already bought another one to replace the dead one for 190 bucks......so that with the cost of the mdf to fix the box im already taking a loss even with the 50% refund.

I refused to ship them since id end up getting nothing and spending more to ship them to him. I think I have been more than fair.

Below are pics of the box and a vid of the subs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGGXwNIh1Ro

2wn5lae.jpg

1pcy29.jpg

2mi293r.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
u should of got 2 sa 12's . stupid L7's that what ya get .
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

What I find unbelievable is he said they were both working....how can you miss a speaker with a blown coil thats almost totally locked up?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
What I find unbelievable is he said they were both working....how can you miss a speaker with a blown coil thats almost totally locked up?
i was just messin with ya i know bro, it just dont seam right. if your looking for us to say your right then your in the right place. YOUR RIGHT.

The biggest thing thats pissing me off is he wants me to send this **** back AFTER I tell him I already bought a **** replacement L7.......I paid 190 shipped for the **** thing plus I gotta buy a sheet of MDF to fix the box......so im already gonna lose more than im getting back from the dude.

not cool...i bought an l7 from some dipshit off craigslist one time and didnt know much about audio then and it was blown and i didnt realize it until months later.

that ***** man.

buying used **** from peepz is always a gamble.

best advice, stick to the dealers, or peepz with lots of solid refs.

He also told me he didnt have the money to cover the partial refund because he spent it all on car insurance.....however hes posting to buy an amp and offering up to 300 bucks.

You are really making such a big deal over something so simple all im asking is just send me my stuff back and ill give you the FULL refund you can go find a box and another kicker somehwere else.... if you say you have like $10,000 in the bank why are you not buying new equipment with "WARRANTY"? AND WHY KICKER? but really just send me em back with all the original equipment and ill give a FULL refund not a partial.... your stressin over something so simple if its that bad send em back ill deal with the stuff myself because before i shipped everything out I can promise you it was fully functional and the box was built a few months ago in perfect condition.... youll have to open a dispute with UPS because of damaged shipping... your acting like i am trying to scam you which I had no intentions on doing im sorry if i didnt know the sub was "blown" because it worked in my truck perfectly and didnt make that clicking noise.... If I would of took video I would be posting it now.... I may have some video of them playing ill see if I can find it.... Just try to settle down and actually discuss the situation with me your getting way ahead off yourself... you filed a chargeback on my account before I could even do anything about it which is a **** move.. you even spoke to me on the phone before I shipped em... i really dont know your being a pain in the a** on this whole ordeal... all im asking is to send em back ill gove you full refund and you can find a box and a new kicker on your own.... let me know

Also forgot to add he had these hooked to a zx1500.1 with the subs wired to 1 ohm. Might be the reason one was dead I think.

I filed the chargeback after I said "I want a solution by sunday night" and you never got back to me. Also you tell me you cant do a refund and all this **** and yet you post to buy an amp and offer up to 300 bucks......As for me being a pain in the ***....I wonder why. I paid 400 bucks for 3 items and got ONE OF THEM in the described condition. Below is the pm I just sent.

LOL take the hit?. Are you nuts?. I will tell you why im not shipping the **** back.

A: I would end up taking the full hit on shipping (not happening)

B: Theres no way in hell a shipping accident killed only one coil and locked up the cone.

c: The box is broken and wouldnt survive the trip back im sure (so its a waste to ship)

So lets see here......Box NEW is 70 bucks(damaged isnt worth more than 15 bucks)......used L7 120x2=240(roughly since new is 189.95 shipped).....so we are at 255 plus shipping. You said 125 for shipping right?....so we are at 380. I PAID YOU 400!. Now I got a damaged box so 15 bucks there, 1 working sub so 120 there and we will say half shipping so 62.50. That comes out to 197.50 so technically your getting 202.50 from me.

As for you saying your gonna get them fixed I call ********. I called kicker and they informed me they dont do repairs. You send em the dead one and for 196.00 they send you another one. WOW Thats 4 bucks short of what im taking back. Oh **** I forgot, you gotta pay to ship the dead one to em....

As for why im buying used....because I want to save some money. Just because I can spend the cash doesnt mean im gonna go nuts on audio ****. Also, the way these were wired is probably the reason why one is dead.

Ok heres the deal you have all of my audio equipment and you filed a chargeback which took all the money out of my account and put me in negatives with my bank account so im sitting here with nothing and you have everything....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

DaveVT

10+ year member
Like A Boss
DaveVT
VT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies