BassAddictJ
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
FL
You ask, you shall recieve....

P1160507.jpg

... the vids

Everyone's fav luda track

Side of the trunk bounces nicely at 40sec in...

T.I...and go

Beasite Boys - Intergalactic

discuss....

ya ive read alot of reviews about the trf's sounding like ****.......its all in the box and install....it sounds great in my car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i used a btl for about 2 years, then a nightshade for a month or two, then the trf now.

the btl, nightshade, and trf all are right about the same in a direct swap with this box. I'm sure if i put them on a TL some each woofer would be a hair louder or quiter at particular frequencies....but for the most part to the ear they all wang hard as hell and sound great on music in my box. The TRF seems be a little louder around 40hz-50hz, but everything else on the low lows and upper lows seems abot the same. There wasnt a drastic output difference between the 3, which make sense as they're all incredible pieces of equipment. Having the TRF is nice being able to say i have a 4in vc in there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif There's plenty of room for cooling on the TRF motor/basket so im sure its taking the daily abuse quite well...it was just a major pain in my *** to mount. i had to wedge wood under the lip of it to hold it up in place, while using one foot to hold the bottom of the basket pressed against the box , and two hands on the drill... its sooooo much heavier than the other woofers.

i uh.....stand corrected. the trf wasnt fully broken in yet...now that ive had more time to put some power on it its DEFINITLY louder all around....lows, mid, upper bass....oh ya. to the ear its louder, so on the TL possibly a db, who knows....the btl and nightshade were right on par with each other, i think i prefered the btl between the two, but honestly you can go wrong either way. The TRF moves a little more air it seems //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

one day when i have extra funds id like to refinish the basket, add thicker leads, and get a blank ti cone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

for now its still baller

Love your setup. Good equipment and install, a rare thing these days

Always like the Art series amps and I've been wanting to try that TRF sub for years. Hope you keep this setup longer than your last one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.