Cyn's - - - 007 Impala Build Log...

cyn
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Okay... This will get updated as I start putting things into the car this week/weekend. I will atleast get the HU, Massive Components In.. RCA's / Power/Ground Wires in and possibly the Big 3 on this.

I will more than likely throw my old 1.7cu box in with my skar till I get a box designed for my AA 15. And Hopefully I will get some Deadner sometime in the very near future...

some pics below of all said Equipment and some extra stuff I have laying around..

rUarX1dD

iEWEsH7c

actually its a 300.1 and does put out some power over 300 for sure and eats some power for what it is
Oh okay, yeah I borrow a friends shitty P300.2 and for what it did for a 300watt for my type r it rocked it but again like said it did suck a butt ton of power, and what also sucked was its an 8gauge input and I had 4gauge.

glwb

Im out of town atm.. Will get some of the inside of the car sometime before i start installing tho.. Waiting on my install kit yo come in also for my hu and all my wiring harnesses.. and box design from @RAM_Designs

Okay... Another pic.. Just of the Stock HU as of now...

t2kE4WtV

I'm still waiting on the Install Kits to come in... Should be monday or tuesday... Box Design to be finished for the AA 15",

What I'm planning on running when I start:

HU: Clarion CZ500

Sub: Ascendant Arsenal 15" 05 model

Amp: SoundStream DTR 1700.1 at 2ohms roughly 900-1100 watts / or US Acoustics USX800F at 8ohms roughly 600-700watts

Front Stage: Massive Audio SK6

Front Stage Amp: HU for now till I decide if i'm upgrading or not. or I might run the Eclipse 3640

Rear Stage: Stock : its rear stage

Box: 3.5cubes tuned to around 32hz unless it changes some depending on what Ram_Designs does

Stinger lvl3 RCA's for Sub - Front Stage

1/0 Welding cable for big 3 / battery to distro / distro to amps 4g / 8g

Here is the Clarion CZ500 HU... which will end up being for sale shortly after I get the CX501

would also like to thank Mylows for getting me some good discounts on everything so far.

eX1gNtQP

Okay, A little update... I have my wires ran 1/0 from battery to back, 1/0 ground.. I forgot to take pictures when I was doing this "was rushing to get it all in and slipped my mind.. I will be deadening everything so I will take some pictures when I do that. I have the Skar 12" in my old 1.7 cubes net box on a USX800F right now. Will be doing a box for my AA 15" 05 this weekend I hope anyway. I will also post the build of that. But for now, 2 lil goodies I got this weekend and today

ZP7Or18F

5GFFnqH7

zLVlMy1u

well things are going a little slower than I thought they would lol... I have my deadner in from Audio Technix.. 50sq ft.. Will be doing my trunk and front doors with this. adding in my CDT comps... finally getting around to building my box for my AA 05 15"... and doing my big 3 upgrade this weekend... If i have enough time i'm going to also run some new wire also for power and ground going to run everything from the front battery to the rear. will be doing 1/0 G flexaprene ftmfw.. Will be getting some 4G flexaprene also to run off distro blocks to my amps.. and a few feet of 8G for my component amp.. When I get my 2nd skar in, in a week or so I will be doing another box build for 2 skar vvx 12"s... when I do this box I will also be doing some upgrades in the trunk... 3 way false floor.. amp racks into the fender walls.. everything will be done out of 1/4" japanese maple.. extreamly lightweight I think the 4'x8' sheet weighed like 12lbs... I'm not sure if I will be doing a stain and clear on it or doing a carpet finish yet... The 3 way false floor will be designed to fit snuggly against the box with the tirewell opening accessable with a removable snap plat.. or I might just make it a drop in and do a 2" ring under the false floor so it fits flush... My box for the 2 skar vvx 12"s will be either done in Birch 3/4" its 44$ a 4x8 sheet here... or white oak / japanese maple all the sheets are the same price.... anyone have any experiance with the white oak or japanese maple doing boxes?

also when I do the build for the skars I will be lining the trunk floor and sides with 1/8" Neoprene... incase you don't know what neoprene can be used for google it..

Okay... a little update started building my box. Box Design was provided to me by @RAM_Designs. I was going to Use Birch but every place around here was out of the stuff, 3 days ago everyone had it. So I went with a Japanese Maple, I'm liking the look of the grain and how much lighter it is overall. I would say this is about 20% lighter than Birch. " I picked up a sheet at the store so I know this is lighter". I will keep updating as I go finish up the box. It will take me the rest of the week to get it done. I still have to cut my 45's, Sand It down after I'm done with the Outside except for the top plate, Stain It then Seal it.

55OFTZCn

rtJHRmms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.