Cyclone???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trixter
10+ year member

Keepin it Simple
Has anyone heard one of these? Are they really worth the $$ and put out what they say it does??

The guy this place I was looking at it at said his installer went home sick after tuning it! Is that possible?? I tried to listen to it but the guy wouldn't let me....I don't know why. Every time I asked to hear it, he kept going on about how man ( as an animal) is naturally starteled by low frequencies and that we have come accustom to these frequencies over time due to stereos and stuff....and just kept talking the stupidist $h!t. All I wanted to do was hear the **** thing. I finally gave up and left.

So... if you have heard one...I am interested in you opinion.

I have one, I have had 3 of them actually. I just sold one on ebay about 3 weeks ago for $315, which is very nice for a brand new cyclone. You can look for used cyclones for anywhere between 280-350. They do sound very very good. If you use a cyclone, make sure you have a 8 or 10 inch sub or midbass to back it up because cyclones should be low passed at 40 or 50 hz. If they play anything higher than 55 or so hz they make this flapping sound. But they will take any note you give them below 50 hz and reproduce it flawlessly. It's Fs is at 10 hz!! Phoenix Gold only made a few of them. They retailed for $1,200, but street prices were $800. That's too much money for a rotary subwoofer that will only play subsonic bass. I would never go above $400 for one. If you have any other questions about the cyclone, just ask.

I am selling my cyclone in the near future for $300, I used it for about 2 months and I am only getting rid of it because I am starting to get into SPL competions and the cyclone can only do 137.2 dB with 300 watts rms, hehe, that is still very very good with just 300 watts though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

they are pretty neat and have alot of output but enough to make you sick? not hardly i would blame that on what he had for lunch more so than the cyclone lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.