CT Sounds Tropo and Strato v1 Subs are Here!

Participant count
  • Participant list

bbeljefe

CarAudio.com Elite
If you're in the market for bulletproof budget subs, the CT Sounds Tropo and Strato v1 subs have arrived and are available now.

Tropo v1 is the entry level and they're available in 8-15" sizes, D2 or 4Ω and are rated for 250 watts RMS. They have a 2" coil, stamped gloss white basket with a high roll, stitched rubber surround, non pressed paper cone. Tinsels are woven into a Nomex spider and finally, direct connect leads.

The 8" Tropo has a 60oz motor, the 10 & 12 80oz and the 15 a 110oz motor... all dual slugs.

Strato v1 is the second up and they're available in 8-18" sizes again, D2 or 4Ω and they're rated at 500 watts rms. They have a zexxy 8 spoke, glossy white cast aluminum basket, high roll rubber surround stitched to a non pressed paper cone and polypropylene dust cap. They have Nomex spiders with woven tinsels and, of course, direct leads.

The 8" Strato has a 2" coil with an 80oz two slug motor and the 10-18s sport 2.5" coils with 130oz two slug motors.

All of these subs have the CT Sounds logo on the dust cap along with their respective series name, which is something I really like to see. And if you're familiar with Coleman's Audio Technix subs of days gone by, you know that a 250 rms rating means that sub will be happy on 500 watts of clean power all day every day, so don't think twice about using these subs in a higher power setup.

Also in now are the CT Sounds and Execution Audio wire, amp kits, big three kits and interconnect cables. If you need OFC wire or kits you'll be looking for the CT Sounds brand and for CCA, you're after Execution Audio. Also for interconnects, the premium quality are CT Sounds and the entry level but still high quality are from Execution Audio. Sorry... no bargain bin RCAs from CT. :)

You can go to the CT Sounds website to find a dealer near you or you can hit up cthedinger or myself here to find one.

Over the next few weeks I'll be playing with a few of these subs and will post pictures and video. First to be abused tomorrow will be the"babies" of the bunch, two Tropo 8s. I'm going to put them in a t-line and see if they'll take ~1000 watts of power without whining.

My bet is that they will take it all and ask for more but we'll see.

Stay tuned.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

If you're in the market for bulletproof budget subs, the CT Sounds Tropo and Strato v1 subs have arrived and are available now.
Tropo v1 is the entry level and they're available in 8-15" sizes, D2 or 4Ω and are rated for 250 watts RMS. They have a 2" coil, stamped gloss white basket with a high roll, stitched rubber surround, non pressed paper cone. Tinsels are woven into a Nomex spider and finally, direct connect leads.

The 8" Tropo has a 60oz motor, the 10 & 12 80oz and the 15 a 110oz motor... all dual slugs.

Strato v1 is the second up and they're available in 8-18" sizes again, D2 or 4Ω and they're rated at 500 watts rms. They have a zexxy 8 spoke, glossy white cast aluminum basket, high roll rubber surround stitched to a non pressed paper cone and polypropylene dust cap. They have Nomex spiders with woven tinsels and, of course, direct leads.

The 8" Strato has a 2" coil with an 80oz two slug motor and the 10-18s sport 2.5" coils with 130oz two slug motors.

All of these subs have the CT Sounds logo on the dust cap along with their respective series name, which is something I really like to see. And if you're familiar with Coleman's Audio Technix subs of days gone by, you know that a 250 rms rating means that sub will be happy on 500 watts of clean power all day every day, so don't think twice about using these subs in a higher power setup.

Also in now are the CT Sounds and Execution Audio wire, amp kits, big three kits and interconnect cables. If you need OFC wire or kits you'll be looking for the CT Sounds brand and for CCA, you're after Execution Audio. Also for interconnects, the premium quality are CT Sounds and the entry level but still high quality are from Execution Audio. Sorry... no bargain bin RCAs from CT. :)

You can go to the CT Sounds website to find a dealer near you or you can hit up cthedinger or myself here to find one.

Over the next few weeks I'll be playing with a few of these subs and will post pictures and video. First to be abused tomorrow will be the"babies" of the bunch, two Tropo 8s. I'm going to put them in a t-line and see if they'll take ~1000 watts of power without whining.

My bet is that they will take it all and ask for more but we'll see.

Stay tuned.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
prices?

i didnt even know there was a local dealer were i am. no way to get a estimated price? lol
Well... I suppose that local is a relative term, lol. There is a dealer in your state but he may not be close to you. However, who ever is the closest dealer to you can ship product to you.

As for price estimates, you can PM me here with what you're after.

[quote name='Dmac1991']@bbeljefe; no xmax specs yet?

and do you have a ballpark figure as to what the Strato 10s and 12s like box wise?

They still like smaller boxes like their old Audio Technix counterparts?[/QUOTE]

Definitely small box subs here. I think the EBP on the 8s is like 104. As for xmax, none yet... sorry.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.