CRX Going CRAZY! Siren n Horn Wont Stop. Need Help ASAP

Participant count
  • Participant list
So Ive had my car off the road for a year this summer. Its an 88 Crx Si

I pretty much rebuilt this car, rebuilt/built motor, alot of wiring, removeable steering wheel, accord climate control and I just installed a Fusion F-2000 alarm system (just mentioning things I think may contribute)

Well today is the first day the car has seen power, got a brand new warranty replacement battery. Hook it up and the HORN activates and doesnt stop, its full blast and you can hear the alarm slightly under it, cant stop it with the alarm remote so I open up the fuse box under the hood and pull the 15 horn fuse and the horn shuts up but the alarm now goes from barely audible to full on loud. Dis connect the battery

Everythings quiet

I really dont know how to trouble shoot any sort of wirng but this is a basic alarm and I dont see what mistake I made.

The power wire to the alarm box is tapped into the constant 12v power wire used for the cd player and the horn was never touched. It is just a basic alarm though, no remote start or power windows or locks or anything, just a shock sensor and door triggers wired into the stock things and a wire going to a pin switch in the hood (not connected) that is tapped into the other door trigger

I need to know what I can do so I can drive my car and move past this problem

LMK thanks, any info and wiring schematics I can give you on the spot.

Thanks

well when your horn is mounted under the battery tray and your standing directcly beside the horn inside a garage, its pretty ****ing loud

ummm the alarm black wire coming from the box is grounded to a master 4gauge ground I made (4ga wire to a metal ground with about 6 gronds solderred to it)

I remember there being a black solid wire coming off of the side of the alarm box all by itself, I dont remember if I hooked that up or not

What do you recomened I do? If I disconnect the ground and the horn and the siren stop whats wrong? If the siren stops but the horn keeps going?

Thnks guys

the horn was fixed by taking off a ground and elminating the horn thats fine now

But my alarm is still going crazy

one thing I realized, I have a power wire coming into the car straight off of the battery, to a switch and then to a power distribution block and out to all of my small accessories (gauges/shiftlight/adapter),

Well after I eliminated the horn and connected the battery the alarm siren now is very quiet, like normal talking loud, I can push buttons on the remote and hear the main alarm relay clicking but the sounds coming form the engine bay dont change

Here is where the power distribution block comes into play, f I flick that switch to give power to all my accessories the siren goes LOUD

*think I found a problem for that one just now - siren must be tapped into one of those power lines, I'll change that first*

I cannot deactivate the alarm by hitting the valet switch

I dunno, Im lost

try regrounding the alarm and the alarm siren. might be corroded and rusted, had the problem a few times at circuit city and it always ended up being the ground for eaither the siren or the unit iself.

try regrounding the alarm and the alarm siren. might be corroded and rusted, had the problem a few times at circuit city and it always ended up being the ground for eaither the siren or the unit iself.
I agree, that would explain the horn too since the horn is activated by a ground not a positive.

I know for a fact my siren ground is mint because I grounded that to my main battery ground but I'll check anyways, Im pretty sure I grounded the black wire labelled ground ocming from the brain box to my grounding block I made where 6-7 wires ground on my metal skeleton behind my center console.

BUT

There was also a thick (12gauge I assume) wire coming out of the top of the alarm brain box all by itself and not on the wiring schemetic, I wired this as a ground as well, just popped in my head that this could be a antenna? Or was this supposed to be a ground as well?

If I cant get this figured out is there a way to disconnect the alarm totally so it doesnt drain power when I connect the power and wont sound BUT will let me start my car? I have to test this motor sometime or another and if I ant get it to work I will bring it to a shop

But by all means I will try everything you guys say, I want to get this fixed and fixed right. Thanks again

lol unplug the siren //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

but without actually seeing the alarm i couldnt tell you what you did wrong. USUALLY when a siren is half loud and kind of like a 'ghost' alarm, and then wails every now and then, it was a ground problem. its the alarms way of saying "IM NOT GROUNDED ENOUGH :mad:"

and just FYI, ive had it grounded fine before, and i had this problem, i moved the ground and the problem went away. i suggest getting a star washer

wwal5g.gif

and a selftapping screw

t_151.jpg

and a ring terminal

ringTerminalInsert.jpg

and put the screw thrut he terminal, and the washer after the terminal. the washer digs into the metal of the car and the ring terminal makes a really nice connection.

have fun //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lol i saw this a about 2 weeks to late but it may help someone else who has this problem to put it simply your alarm reactivates when you disconnect the battery .in most hondas you can turn this off by simply opening the trunk with the key lol its in the owners manual haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.