CRX box in car TRUNK

Participant count
  • Participant list
yeah its safe.. but loss of output depends on the shape and size of the trunk.. but i would assume that yeah you would lose output from the sub pointing up rather than firing back in the trunk.

i ran just both sealed and ported boxes. in a mustang, if it is a newer one, i would run a ported box and pull out the speakers in the rear deck. a single twelve ported is what i found to work best in those cars. if you have any questions about them i would be glad to answer them.

WTF are you taling about? It'll always push out if nothing is wired out of phase.

pushing out TOWARDS the rear of trunk, instead of it facing up and PUSHING up instead. as in....will the suspension rebound different as if it were facing towards the rear, than if it was facing up.

and what is the least room to have under a sub in the box, frm magnet to back wall.

i ran just both sealed and ported boxes. in a mustang, if it is a newer one, i would run a ported box and pull out the speakers in the rear deck. a single twelve ported is what i found to work best in those cars. if you have any questions about them i would be glad to answer them.

im pushin one 15......dont want a 12, and if i did...would be two ported. but any ideas on ho to get it to fit?

pushing out TOWARDS the rear of trunk, instead of it facing up and PUSHING up instead. as in....will the suspension rebound different as if it were facing towards the rear, than if it was facing up.
I don't think things work that way. I don't believe the direction the driver is facing will have any effect on how the suspension works. It may effect sound depending on vehicle, enclosure, ect. but probally not the suspension.

I don't think things work that way. I don't believe the direction the driver is facing will have any effect on how the suspension works. It may effect sound depending on vehicle, enclosure, ect. but probally not the suspension.
EXACTLY!!!
The speaker doesn't care how it's playing, it will play no matter what. Just keep it healthy and it will love you forever.

ive run most my subs facing up and never had any sort of problem with the suspension (except for my orion h2 but thats just because it was shitty) i dont see why you would have a suspension problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.