Crossfire xs-4k or....

Participant count
  • Participant list

ekc_

So tomorrow I will be purchasing a new amp for my system I'm building. I plan on purchasing a Crossfire xs-4k. My question is, does anyone have experience with these amps? And if so, how reliable is it? I see it as a good deal for $1000. It's brand new too BTW straight from crossfire. I just want to know if there are any other options I may have at that price point that will do rated power? Thanks in advance. I want to state that this is not a VS thread by any means. I'm just looking for an answer as to if this is a solid purchase or is there a better option. I haven't seen any myself as far as price and quality.

Super solid but i honestly dont think you need it, the soundqubed 4500 will be $600 this friday, thats a wicked deal. Id love to have xfire products but dont have the money for them. If you have the money shoot why not cant go wrong but id look into something else and use the left over money for other improvements

Thanks guys. I have been interested in soundqubed as well but I just need to know it's reliable. I have seen lots of people talking about them but I see a lot being sold as well. What would be more reliable for the long run between the two? Any other recommendations are welcome as well. The price certainly sounds nice too so I can consider it.

Thanks guys. I have been interested in soundqubed as well but I just need to know it's reliable. I have seen lots of people talking about them but I see a lot being sold as well. What would be more reliable for the long run between the two? Any other recommendations are welcome as well. The price certainly sounds nice too so I can consider it.
Ampere 3800 is another good choice you can save 10% off a new one thru me until Sunday or get one of the lightly used ones I have for sale

He doesn't actually build them. But he does design them. I think they are zenon based as well
Mylows could you pm me a price for those amps new and used? I wouldn't mind trying one out. I just want it to be good quality lol. Electrical will be built to handle it. I'm just a one purchase kinda guy lol. I plan on upgrading in the future to drop the 4k to 1 ohm. I'll be running it at 2 ohm for a while on a single btl 15 old 3 stack fully loaded. If ampere will give me the same quality I'll go for it possibly

Mylows could you pm me a price for those amps new and used? I wouldn't mind trying one out. I just want it to be good quality lol. Electrical will be built to handle it. I'm just a one purchase kinda guy lol. I plan on upgrading in the future to drop the 4k to 1 ohm. I'll be running it at 2 ohm for a while on a single btl 15 old 3 stack fully loaded. If ampere will give me the same quality I'll go for it possibly
It will. It also does over 4K as well

He doesn't actually build them. But he does design them. I think they are zenon based as well
You are giving out a lot of misinformation.

No, Roger does not design his amps, they are catalog amps out of S &I's build house. Not Zenon.

Xs8k is an S&I 9k board, same as AB1100.1 and DC9K.

Y

You are giving out a lot of misinformation.
No, Roger does not design his amps, they are catalog amps out of S &I's build house. Not Zenon.

Xs8k is an S&I 9k board, same as AB1100.1 and DC9K.
Well I know what I've been told. If I'm wrong. My bad but that is good to know

Y
Well I know what I've been told. If I'm wrong. My bad but that is good to know
Most companies use the same build houses. Only a few really come to mind with their own stuff....

Some of sundowns. But I honestly think sundown and DD amps are the same.

IA obviously has different amps than anyone else

Companies that everyone hates on like rockford and kicker have their own build houses and designs, after seeing inside a lot of Brazilian amps I'm starting to think Taramps and Sounddigital share a few of their boards.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.