crossfire vr2000d

Participant count
  • Participant list

chrisw21_2000
10+ year member

Hey, I have a crossfire 2000d in my eclipse. About a 3 months ago I got in my car to go to school and no bass. so I cut the car off and checked all connections. Both grounds and power wires were hooked up, the remote was working, and the speaker wires were on and not touching. so, I turned the car back on and the protect light came on. so I cut it back off and went and tried to contact my dealer. The dealer was out of business. So, I called crossfire later that day. They asked a bunch of questions, ex: how many batteries are in the car, did and connections short out?, ect. They told me to return the amp and their guys would repair it. Well I wait, and wait. I call crossfire, they say that they cant figure out what is wrong with it. I asked them why couldn't they stick a new mother board in it and sind it back to me? They replied that If I wanted to pay for it they would. So I reminded them that it is still under warranty. They say without talking to my dealer to verify that the amp was properly installed they would do nothing. I told the woman that I have the receipt and pics of the amp installed. They told me to fax them. I did they replied that they would fix it. I recieved the amp back. I called crossfire and asked them what was wrong with it and they said they didn't know. Well any way I put it back in and I noticed that the bass remote didn't work. No biggie. But anyway I gained another 2 db on a local meter. So overal I don't know if it was worth it or not. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I went from 145.7 to 147.6

Laterz

well, the alternator is 90 amps, but I have two deep cycle drycell batteries for more capacity. One is a 910 cca and the other is 1700 cca. The reserve adds up to roughly 200 mins. at 30 amps and also it was getting proper voltage. (14.4 at idle with volume down) I thought it might have blown the fuses but both of the 2 guage power wires had 100 amp fuses in at the time and neither wire had a blown fuse

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.