crimping tool?

Wow, quadruple post, lmao!

I was looking for a good size one too, but were always out of my price range. Hell I paid 5 bucks for a cheap cutter/stripper....wish I cold find one local for 9 bucks!

I generally use a good razor and be careful and pull with hands....works well for me, but dam fingers be sore as F next day.

Search weldingsupply.com for "swedge-on"

It costs about 9 bucks and will save you a ton of time. You just stick the terminal in there and smack the top with a sledge hammer. Boom, crimp done. It's the same thing as what the dude above me posted but I'd be weary about buying one on ebay. This thing needs to be made of heavy duty metal and I'd be afraid an ebay knockoff would just shatter when used. The one on welding supply is the one I have and I've crimped dozens of terminals with no problem.

Search weldingsupply.com for "swedge-on"
It costs about 9 bucks and will save you a ton of time. You just stick the terminal in there and smack the top with a sledge hammer. Boom, crimp done. It's the same thing as what the dude above me posted but I'd be weary about buying one on ebay. This thing needs to be made of heavy duty metal and I'd be afraid an ebay knockoff would just shatter when used. The one on welding supply is the one I have and I've crimped dozens of terminals with no problem.
ya i can get these free at work.. i want one like my cutter with 2 long handles and you just squeeze it down.. like i said im doing this inside my truck. im not going to swing a sledge in there.. lol

Wow, quadruple post, lmao!
I was looking for a good size one too, but were always out of my price range. Hell I paid 5 bucks for a cheap cutter/stripper....wish I cold find one local for 9 bucks!

I generally use a good razor and be careful and pull with hands....works well for me, but dam fingers be sore as F next day.
i wen all out and spent about 70 onsome vutters and it was well worth it.. cuts throuh 1/0 like butter

What Bubba mentioned would work, buddy has one and lets me use it from time to time.

I actually use one end on the ground to get better leverage, not to mention is a little tricky to get to keep terminal in there. I usually smash a side and move it and do it again. Kind of time consuming, but know that terminal isnt going anywhere.

i wen all out and spent about 70 onsome vutters and it was well worth it.. cuts throuh 1/0 like butter
I will grit through the time consuming part than rather spend that much cheese!

Then again, I dont do big systems anymore and just simple run of 1 0/1g and ground or hell like my system now, which is all 4g.....I coudsee why you need it though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.