RCA vs. Optical digital output

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have an Alpine HU with RCA output only. Is it worth to change to other model includes the optical?Thanks,
There are no decks now that have an optical out, outside of DVD heads.

Good DVD heads are expensive, and I dont think the extra expense is worth the difference.

At least to me.

You're right, the 505 has optical out.

If you're thinking of getting an Alpine double DIN DVD for the optical output double check the optical connector it uses, as Alpine made a couple of models that requires an oddball optical connector thats smaller than normal, and those cables are nearly impossible to find now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.