Crew cab (2010 chevy silverado) and 9515

Participant count
  • Participant list

Milleranp

Texas
Hey guys, here is my dilemma. I have a 9515 pushed by an M3a in my truck. Right now I have the box in the (40) position of the 60/40 seat. (I removed 40 seat). The sub is facing back along with the port facing back. The box after all displacements is 4.8 or so cubes with 70" of port area tuned to 35 hz. I have tried firing the sub up with the port facing sideways twards passenger door, which btw sounds horrible in my application. The output in my current setup is good but I feel it should gave more. If u set in the back seat the bass is insane but in the drivers seat the bass is somehow canceled out.....weird.

What is the best way to fire the sub and also what is the best freq. to tune the 9515 to?

The amp is fed by 4/0 power cable and has 4 AGM battery's with a batcap 2000 right next to amp. I'm not getting much voltage drop but the amp still seems to be clipping as indicated on the bass control knob. I am running a line out converter off my factory Bose sub and factory nav unit , but I do have my pioneer 8400bt about to go in so I hope that make a difference. Any ideas or thoughts guys??? Thanks in advance

The sub gets loud but at the same time the clip light is on. Seems to be alot louder than it was when new as well. Anyone ever tried forward facing with forward port and sub? Was thinking on tuning at 39 hz next go round. I do like the deep notes tho as well. I listen to stuff like Korn, metallica, and some rap. I'll get some pictures tomorrow. Does anyone know the resonant frequency of the crew cab? I have heard it is hard to get a loud sound out of a truck. Any truth to that? Mike Jones was telling me that btw so I do believe him.

i would go sub forward port up with two 4 inch aeros tuned to 36hz now that the sub is broke in. and that clip light will prolly blink a little bit as music has peaks. as long as it isnt staying on for more than a few seconds at a time you should be ok. you have enough power to be conservative with the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.