crescendo 1500.1............

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have one running in my car right now. If you have any questions let me know.

The amp is TINY compared to my Sundown 1200. It is more efficient as well. I was able to hit a 141.0db in the trunk with 2 12's. Nominally loaded at 1.6ohm. At the audio shop they used an HHAMD-1 and when doing the 141db I was pushing 796watt @ 4ohm after box rise @ 11.5v (stock electrical and after about 5 runs on the Termlab) No O-scope was hooked up but on the Termlab it did not show clipping. Turning the volume up 2 more notches showed clipping though. This thing really puts out some power. Stays VERY cool even when I beat on it for my 45min drive to and from work.

The amp is TINY compared to my Sundown 1200. It is more efficient as well. I was able to hit a 141.0db in the trunk with 2 12's. Nominally loaded at 1.6ohm. At the audio shop they used an HHAMD-1 and when doing the 141db I was pushing 796watt @ 4ohm after box rise @ 11.5v (stock electrical and after about 5 runs on the Termlab) No O-scope was hooked up but on the Termlab it did not show clipping. Turning the volume up 2 more notches showed clipping though. This thing really puts out some power. Stays VERY cool even when I beat on it for my 45min drive to and from work.

You jumped up to 4ohms? At what frequency? I was thinking between the 1500 and the q1 2200 for two American bass tnt 12's.

My box rise @ 45hz went from 1.6 to 4ohm. Its a crappy prefab box. I just picked up a crescendo 2 channel, crescendo Mezzo components and a pioneer 80prs today. Next is new box and battery.

I've done the big 3 already with stock alt and I have a XS Power d975 in the trunk. I'm building a box now. It's going to be 4 cubic feet tuned to 33hz. Hopefully I won't get that much rise if I get that amp.

thats pretty fresh man!!!

I've done the big 3 already with stock alt and I have a XS Power d975 in the trunk. I'm building a box now. It's going to be 4 cubic feet tuned to 33hz. Hopefully I won't get that much rise if I get that amp.
Every box is different as well as woofer. And it depends on frequency as well. This box I have is highly inefficient. My subs recommend 1.6cu. ft. per sub and my box is only .66 per sub. So, yeah. more airspace, more port = less "box rise" as far as all testing I have ever done.

One of the local bassheads I work with has one, on two Sa 12s. Full tilt all day, everyday, in this Texas heat and that **** wangs!

Go back and touch the amp, and it's cool to the touch. And I can't express enough how little this amp is. It's tiny as hell. Only thing I don't like is the standard bass knob. No clipping indicator or anything. Not a total deal breaker (especially if you DD-1 or scope it) but I like knowing my limits right at the dash.

Hella beastly, efficient amp here. All he has is a XS D4800 under hood, with no big 3, and 120a alt stock, 0 gauge cca and voltage doesn't drop below 13.4 - 13.5.

One of the local bassheads I work with has one, on two Sa 12s. Full tilt all day, everyday, in this Texas heat and that **** wangs!
Go back and touch the amp, and it's cool to the touch. And I can't express enough how little this amp is. It's tiny as hell. Only thing I don't like is the standard bass knob. No clipping indicator or anything. Not a total deal breaker (especially if you DD-1 or scope it) but I like knowing my limits right at the dash.

Hella beastly, efficient amp here. All he has is a XS D4800 under hood, with no big 3, and 120a alt stock, 0 gauge cca and voltage doesn't drop below 13.4 - 13.5.
fantastic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

adio

5,000+ posts
THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!
adio
college park, ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date