Crescendo 1000C4

Participant count
  • Participant list
Review of Amplifier:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! This has to be one of the most powerful 4 channel amps i have ever heard. Rated @ 125x4@4ohms , 250x4@2ohms , 500x2@4ohms. I just installed it in my uncles dodge ram pickup. It's running 4 Selenium 6w4p mids and a pair of Selenium ST350 tweeters. It is obnoxiously loud. Way louder then my Sony XM-5540 that i let him borrow until the crescendo came in the mail. SQ is lacking slightly compared to the old school sony but that is expected. It stomps any 4 channel i have heard or used that has been made in the past 10 years. AWESOME AMP , AWESOME PRICE!! And best of all Crescendo is local here in the tampa bay area. If you are looking for BIG 4 channel power get this amp.

how is the SQ lacking? is the frequency response bad or something? does it roll off quickly up top? please elaborate. i am interested in the amp but i have seen much feedback.

how is the SQ lacking? is the frequency response bad or something? does it roll off quickly up top? please elaborate. i am interested in the amp but i have seen much feedback.
It just isn't as clean as the sony. but we are talking about a 20 year old piece of japanese gold. Not many amps made today can hold a candle to the cleanliness of older japanese or american amps. Zed , 90's sonys , nakamichi , alpine , RF , crossfire. All those 80's and 90's amps are pure SQ gold compared to anything in the budget price range these days. By no means am i saying the crescendo was bad. It just didn't sound as intricate and pristine as the sony. But it sure as hell got loud and did it very clean. the sony just sounded more real to the ears.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Bassin Buick
Brandon , FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from