Creating a port

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a single cab 1996 f150 xlt, the enclosure i have is for 2 slim 12s, the 12s i have are memphis 15-pr12s4v2, I can't find their airspace needed or anything like that for these subs for some reason, they were discontinued.
The enclosure dimensions are
  • Dimensions: Width 49" x Height 14-1/2" x Depth One 4-1/2" x Depth Two 8"
  • Mounting Depth: 5-5/16 Inches
  • Air Space: 0.96 Cubic Feet
I'm looking to add a port, whatever type of port is reccomended to be best. I listen to "gangsta rap" like ice cube, 50 cent, easy e, stuff like that.

Last edited:
I missed that you have a 96 F150. I've had two OBS F150s. With the bench seat the best you are going to do is around 2 cubic ft net and still be comfortable with the seat position. I got 2.3 cubes net with a single 12" ported behind the bench seat and still sat comfortable for my short 5'9" self. In my truck with bucket seats I got around 3.3 cubes net between the seats with two HDC3 10"s ported. I then went to two SA-8s in 1.6 cubes net. They got decently loud and didn't take up nearly as much space.

I missed that you have a 96 F150. I've had two OBS F150s. With the bench seat the best you are going to do is around 2 cubic ft net and still be comfortable with the seat position. I got 2.3 cubes net with a single 12" ported behind the bench seat and still sat comfortable for my short 5'9" self. In my truck with bucket seats I got around 3.3 cubes net between the seats with two HDC3 10"s ported. I then went to two SA-8s in 1.6 cubes net. They got decently loud and didn't take up nearly as much space.
I'm 5ft 5 the seat is already slid up some, and I found a pdf file of vented needs for those subs. For 2 the minimum is 3.00 / 44 / 12.5 x 2.25 x 13.5
And the optimal is 3.80 / 38 / 12.5 x 2.5 x 15.5
(I've no ******* clue what those numbers are but thats what was given, i assume the first set of numbers is cubit feet, no clue the second, and the third is vent dimensions)I have the bench seat, I don't mind having the box tall per say, but I don't have much money rn thats why I was hoping i could mess with that box i have and get it done that way. those 2 subs I have are well all I can currently get, I also ordered a Alpine S-A60M S-Series to power them. Sorry for the way I type its annoying to some

If at all possible I'd rather just have someone make a box for me and I pay them for it, later when cash is a bit better I plan on going to maybe 2 10s and have a box made for that and just deal with these 12s for now, idk who would want these discountinued subs, I haven't decided what 10s I would get tho, got any reccomendations?

Can confirm OBS with a bench is a nightmare to build in. I've got a single cab 94 diesel, and at 6'3 there is little to no options. Even the slim truck boxes didn't really work. In my '87 the backseat folded down into a flat metal bench. I sat a ported box on top and secured it with a ratchet strap. That vehicle also only had a single set of speaker cut outs, in the front doors. Interesting vehicles to build in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.