crappy mp3

dirtypool
10+ year member

Ok, is it just me or do mp3's sound like crap?

They are ok at low volume, but when you turn it up, they are very harsh.

I know that there are different bit rates and most of mine are 128-192 with a few 256's.

Is that the problem? bit rate too low or does it matter? Audio cd's seem to sound much better.

Am I crazy?

mine sound great. most of mine are around 400-500kps
its hard to find them with that many kbps. i rip my cds i own into 300 and something, but most ive downloaded range from 128 to 192. do not download anything under 128. their is a huge difference between 128 and 96, but not much of a distinguishable difference between 192 and 1410 that they run at (i beleive its 1410).

i was kinda thinking that before i posted on the quality of the speakers, but posted anyways. even then, the difference isnt that great to be like man this sounds like crap.

Agreed. But it depends on the song... Some songs you can listen to and think it sounds lik 192 when its really 128, and vice versa. IMO you can't really hear much of a difference between 192 and higher bitrates.

Yes, mp3 files, I feel, sound like ass compared to regular cd audio.

Of course, when a music file is compressed that much you can expect to lose some of the quality. It's all a matter of weighing the options of great sq or the ability to have a buttload of tracks on a single cd

Wait, are we talking about MP3 CD's (where you can have 700MB of space) or burnt audio CD's (where they play like normal CD's)?

Is there a difference?

I've never used an MP3 CD, so i don't know.

I find that I get better clairity when I burn mp3's on a CD rather than an audio CD from mp3 files...I would assume because you're not stretching out music that's been cut up so to speak.

Either way mp3's are junk, I really perfer the sound of WMA files to them...superior compression techniques.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dirtypool

10+ year member
dirtypool
Fresno, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from