crappy mp3

I usually burn at around 128 so i can load up a CD with a bunch of songs. I've noticed that the sound isn't as clean as regular CD's and the bass seems lower to. I prefer regular CD's because of the sq but Mp3's are great for long drives without switching CD's.

what programs you you guys load to increase the mp3 quality. I downloaded music juke box and I believe it will burn them to the disc as 320. Mine normally download at 192.

what programs you you guys load to increase the mp3 quality. I downloaded music juke box and I believe it will burn them to the disc as 320. Mine normally download at 192.

You can't increase bitrate once the mp3 is created... Technically, you can, but it won't make a differance in SQ, there's no way to gain back what was lost.

MP3 definitely DOES have it's problems... Try listening to a DJ spin on cd decks, and on a good club system, you can hear (and feel basswise) which songs are mp3's. In the DJ world it's ultra-bad form to use MP3's at all (talking legit even), because they just don't sound the same.

That said, I use 320k mp3's in my car all the time, sounds fine. Not PERFECT, but good enough for me (and my budget).

question: is there a difference between burning an audio cd with 192Khz mp3s as a source (15-18 songs per cd) to burning a data cd with the same mp3s (~200 songs per cd)?

question: is there a difference between burning an audio cd with 192Khz mp3s as a source (15-18 songs per cd) to burning a data cd with the same mp3s (~200 songs per cd)?

No. Only compatability with your cd player would be affected...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dirtypool

10+ year member
dirtypool
Fresno, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from