Crackling in Saab Bose system

Participant count
  • Participant list

johanruda

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sweden
Hello, my dudes!

I have a Saab 9-3 from 2008 with the Bose (11 speakers) system. Everything stock.
A few months ago I noticed some crackling in one of the dash speakers. I switched places with the other dash speaker to see if I had popped it, but the crackle persisted.
Now the crackle moves around in all speakers. Sometimes the dash speaker crackles, other times I can hear it from one of the 6x9 (or maybe one of the tweeters back there) in the back or one of the door speakers but it's always only just one speaker, not several at the same time.
To add to the confusion, it doesn't always crackle and when it does, it only crackles when I'm driving. No crackle if I stand still. It also gets worse in bumps.

I've tried a different Bose amp but no change. I haven't changed head unit yet as that requires remarrying with a Tech2.

Any ideas? Help greatly appreciated!

/Johan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.