cracked, what happens?

pioneerpimp
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
IL
i know this may sound like a dumb question, but with provided evidence, what happens to a subwoofer motor that has been cracked. like its still held together, jus with cracks running through it. cracks like this

4hpmotor.jpg
[/img]

what happens to this motor then, does it lose strength?

im asking what happens to the motor, does it lose strength. i know what happened to it, i know how to fix it

nothing noticeably cause the magnet doesnt lose strength if it is in pieces but is still in the same form of the regular way it was.

say you had a dounut and you broke it into to 2 pieces and then placed them together again. you would still say it is a whole donut instead of 2 halfs.

nothing noticeably cause the magnet doesnt lose strength if it is in pieces but is still in the same form of the regular way it was.
say you had a dounut and you broke it into to 2 pieces and then placed them together again. you would still say it is a whole donut instead of 2 halfs.

it would be a broken donut.

im not sure what would happen. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

that is completly false. If you break a magnetised piece of steel (bar magnet) in half, you get two smaller bar magnets. The North and South arrange themselves in the following way:

Before: N======S

After: N===S N===S

in this case it is not a bar magnet but a toroidally charged magnet. which means there is no N or S fore say but by seperating the magnet it creates a north and a south. as long as the magnet is held strongly together it should be ok but if a peice comes out to seperate the magnetism there could be some huge issues.

**** i hope not, would it still have almost near same magnet strength or would it lose a noticeable amount of force?

as far as what i can remember it will have the same magnet strength shared between the pieces but if pieces come off I beleive it would loose that amount of magnetism. I cant really tell by the pic of how bad it is. Is this the MT? What did you do? if you dont mind me asking?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.