covered panels....

Participant count
  • Participant list

mgaidica
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Hey, I'm thinkin about how im going to cover one section of a box. This is a pyramid shaped peice thats covered fully in suede - this peice secures on top of a carpeted peice. I need a way to secure these together. I was gonna use dowels and just tap the top peice into the other but i need these to get really tight. I cant use screws because theres to way to screw them in or anywhere to put them. Bolts wont really work because I dont wanna drill into the bottom peice because that goes into the box. If any of you got some inteligent idea's shoot..

If the triangle isn't to big how about some heavy duty velcro ? It actually can hold really well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Industrial strength velcro will. They sell velcro to attach body panels with. real strong stuff. What's the panel made out of ? Maybe you could use some epoxy glue ? I'm thinking man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Wait a second, this is going on top of an enclosure or something ? So you wont see what is underneath . Lay your triangle piece where you want to put it. Then usea razor blade to trim away the carpet. Then epoxy that b@stard to the plain wood. It will be attached securely plus it will look like it has been inset in the top. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.